Theme Explorer

Page 45 of 47 841 Records Found

The Yellow Drawing Room at Beaudesert Hall

The Yellow Drawing Room at Beaudesert was around 48 feet long by 36 feet wide and was situated on the first floor adjacent to the north end of the Long Gallery. The room was lined with oak panelling and ...

Thomas and Uriah Slack of Church Leigh

Death certificate of Thomas Bennett Slack and the last will and testament of Uriah Slack. Thomas and Uriah Slack lived in Church Leigh, they were both local brick makers. They produced a deep red ...

Tixall House, Tixall

This postcard view of Tixall House was sent with “every Good Wish for Christmas from all at Tixall”. Tixall House is an early 19th century Grade II listed building. It was franked in Stafford on 24 December ...

Town Hall interior, High Street, Uttoxeter

The wedding reception of Daniel and Nora Smith (nee Mellor), Easter Saturday, 1956. Around 100 guests attended the celebrations, before the couple set off for their honeymoon in the Isle of Man. They ...

Townsend House, Sedgley

In the grounds of Townsend House, Sedgley, with Mrs Wilkes and her daughter Winnie, holding a doll. At the time this photograph was taken Townsend House was the home of George Frederick Wilkes (1866-1942) ...

Toy Noah's Ark

This Noah's Ark belonged to a family living in Brocton, near Stafford. It was made in Germany and dates from about 1917. The ark came complte with wooden figures of Noah and his family, and over 80 ...

Trent and Mersey Canal, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the Trent and Mersey Canal in Longport, Stoke-on-Trent. The importance of the canals to the ceramic industry is well illustrated by the photograph: piles of ceramic wares and bottle kilns ...

Two girls and pony, Wood Eaton Manor, Church Eaton

Constance Isabel Morris-Eyton and Rose Margaret Eleanor Morris-Eyton with a pony standing outside the entrance porch at Wood Eaton Manor. At the time of this photograph it was the residence of Mr and ...

Ubberley Road, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent

When built in the 1950s Bentilee was the largest post-war housing estate in Europe. It was a self-contained township in its own right and had a Woolworth's store, Boots' Chemists, medical clinic, public ...

United Co-Operative Laundries Association, Campbell Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The United Co-operative Laundry building was on the west side of Campbell road, just south of Spode Street. The original building has been demolished. As part of the Co-operative Society movement, the ...

Unknown street, Hanley

This claustrophobic scene was located somewhere in the backstreets of Hanley in the early part of last century. Notice the high wall opposite the houses and the brick pavement and dirt track road. The ...

Unveiling of the Clock, Gaol Square, Stafford,

The Sidney Fountain was erected in 1889 in memory of Thomas Sidney, a local man who became Mayor of London. In 1916 the drinking fountain had its lamp replaced by a four-dial clock, which was presented ...

Vernon Family, Milwich,

Vicarage Farm Interior, Ranton,

Vicarage Farmhouse on Coton Lane dates from the mid-sixteenth century. Original features include Elizabethan hinges and mullioned windows. The property belonged to the Church, until it was sold in ...

View of cottages on Church Lane, Wolstanton

View of cottages on Church Lane before they were demolished. Located opposite Grange Lane (the reoad going towards the A500 and ASDA).

W.H. Bigham's Tailors and Outfitters, Stafford,

Bigham's on Gaol Square sold ladies and gentlemen's made-to-measure and 'off the peg' clothing. To the left of Bigham's is Bedson's Army and Navy stores, which later moved to Bridge Street.

Walton, Stone,

The houses on the left and the bridge still stand today, although a new road bridge runs parallel to the old. In the distance is Elm Terrace.

Wash house, Kettlebrook road, Tamworth

This interior photograph of a wash house shows among other things the stove, which would have been used to heat the water, and the dolly peg, used to wash the clothes.