Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > School Children & Students
Page 43 of 47 831 Records Found

Teacher and pupils, St Nicholas' Church of England School, Codsall

This picture shows a teacher, Mrs Cockerill, with a group of small pupils. Mrs Cockerill started in St Nicholas C of E School as a pupil in 1885. She taught at the school until 1935 when she retired ...

The Band of Hope Certificate of Merit, Goldenhill School

Certificate of Merit awarded by the Lancashire and Cheshire Band of Hope and Temperance Union, under the Schools Scientific Temperance Teaching Scheme for Lancashire, Cheshire, N.W Derbyshire & N. Staffordshire. It ...

The Grammar School, Brewood

The School possibly dates back to the mid 15th century, having been founded by the Bishop of Lichfield. It was certainly refounded in around 1560 by Sir John Giffard, his son Thomas, and Dr Matthew Knightley. ...

The Green, Brocton,

View from Chase Road.

The Harvey family at a ploughing match, the Toft, Dunston

First prize winning shire horses, Stockton Bounce and Captain at Stafford Ploughing Match, held at The Toft, Dunston, which was farmed at the time by Mr B.C. Griffin. The team also won second prize for ...

The Manor, Milwich,

Mrs Bradbury and Mr S. Hollins outside the Manor House, formerly known as The Grange. The small boy is Jack Knight. The Manor was once a farm, but today the buildings have been converted into private ...

The Mikado, Walhouse Junior School, Cannock

The cast of a Walhouse Junior School production of the Mikado. Back row (left to right): Gary Nicholls, Tim Dawson, Ian Walker, David Bowes, Nicholas Hill, David Meeson. Front row: Nicola Goodacre, ...

The Mikado, Walhouse Junior School, Cannock

A scene from a Walhouse Junior School production of the Mikado. Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school ...

The Mikado, Walhouse Junior School, Cannock

A scene from a Walhouse Junior School production of the Mikado. Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build a school ...

The Old Vicarage, Eccleshall,

The Old Vicarage was built on Vicarage Close in 1703. The building has not been used as a vicarage since the 1940s, and has now been converted into flats.

The Ruin, Shugborough Park

The Ruin is situated on the banks of the River Sow; this monument was built c.1750 using stone from sections of Shugborough Hall pulled down during alterations. The architect was Thomas Wright of Durham, ...

The School, Clifton Campville

The single storey building with a tall chimney on the right was the school, and just beyond can be seen the timber-framed gable of the School House. The spire of St. Andrew’s Church is in the background. ...

The School, Fulford

The Square, Great Haywood

The west side of The Square. On the left is the Clifford Arms Hotel. The building was demolished in the 1930s and a new hotel was built on the site.

Thomas Alleynes Grammar School

Pupils of Thomas Alleynes Grammar School.

Thomas Alleynes School Choir

Tittensor School

Among those pictured are: Miss Cook, the Headmistress (back row, far left); Miss Leech (far right); Betty Phillips (2nd row, 2nd from right); Gloria Hampton (3rd row, 2nd from left); Joyce Webster (3rd ...

Tittensor School Sports Day

At the front, bottom left is Richard Eardley and the blond haired boy second from right is Paul Booth. Standing behind them and wearing a black skirt is Cathy Tolley.