Latest Additions To The Site

Page 4 of 56 1000 Records Found

Castleview Farm, Bradley

Brookside Cottages, Wood Eaton, Church Eaton

Early 19th century farm labourers' cottages accociated with Brookhouse Farm on Malthouse Lane, Wood Eaton, near Church Eaton.

Malt Shovel, Church Eaton

The former Malt Shovel Inn in on Malthouse Lane, Church Eaton. At the near end is the stable. It is now known as Malt Shovel Farm.

Billington Farm, Bradley

Billington Farm stands on the A518 between Stafford and Haughton.

Bradley Primary School, Bradley

Built around 1887 as Bradley Endowed School, it later became Bradley CE (CC) Primary School. The school closed in 1988 and the building is now used as the Village Hall.

David Bills' Pharmacy, High Street, Kinver

The entrance to David Michael Bill's High Street Pharmacy premises in Kinver which was also licensed to sell wine and spirits. School children's posters and a notice relating to the Best Kept Village ...

Comber Ridge Burial Ground, Church Road, Kinver

The entrance to Comber Ridge Burial Ground on Church Road, Kinver. The Burial Ground and Garden of Remembrance was built on the site of a former gravel pit in 1980 so would have been quite new at the ...

Village Hall, Aston by Stone

Aston-by-Stone Village Hall was built in 1929-30. The 1980s extension seen here to the right has since been replaced by a larger one and the porch has also been enlarged.

Shushions, Church Eaton

Shushions was built in 1762-1767 and is Grade II listed. Shushions was owned by the Littletons of Teddesley and was long occupied by the Crockett family. The Shushions Manor Estates were sold in 1919....

Mr F H Darrall, Brunswick Terrace, Stafford

Mr F H Darrall of 15 Brunswick Terrace keeps a watchful eye on his pet alligator, while his Mexican lizard clings to his shoulder apprehensively. The alligator, aged between nine and twelve months ...

Pond clearing, Penkridge

A member of Penkridge Natural History Society helping to clear a pond at the former brickworks site by the main Stafford to Wolverhampton railway line in Penkridge. In the background is housing at the ...

Bell Inn, Haughton

The Bell Inn on the A518 in Haughton. Since this photograph was taken a new side and rear entrance extension has been added, and the farm outbuildings to the right were demolished in the late 1990s and ...

Pony Trotting Race, Longnor Races

The pony training race at the annual Longnor Sports or Wakes Races. The Longnor Sports date back to 1904 and are always held on the first Thursday after the first Sunday in September. The event attracts ...

Corporation Depot, Lammascote Road, Stafford

These four well-groomed and bedecked horses are lined up at the Corporation Depot for the May Day parade, which was judged by Mr L C Hiner, Works Superintendent at the Depot. Left to right are: “Prince” ...

Woodcraft Folk, Annual National Conference, Stafford

The Mayor, Alderman C E Fowke is introduced to a Danish member (name unknown) of the Woodcraft Folk movement at the annual national conference, held for the first time in Stafford. Looking on left to ...

View towards Ipstones

A view of Ipstones with St Leonard's Church to the left, taken from near a track to the west of its junction with Church Lane. The Grade II listed church was built at the expense of the Sneyd family in ...

St. Leonard's Churchyard, Ipstones

Gravestones in St. Leonard's churchyard, ipstones.

Start of men's race, Longnor

The start of the men's foot race at the annual Longnor Sports or Wakes Races. The Longnor Sports date back to 1904 and are always held on the first Thursday after the first Sunday in September. The event ...