Theme Explorer

Start Again > Parks & Gardens > Water Features
Page 4 of 5 79 Records Found

The Cascade, Alton Towers

A postcard view of the Cascade, one of various features and themed gardens at Alton Towers including Dutch and Italian Gardens, the Chinese Pagoda Fountain, the Swiss Cottage, Stonehenge and the Gothic ...

The Fountain, Darlaston Hall

An image from a photograph album belonging to the Jervis family, with the caption: 'The Fountain, Garot and Brionne, the dog'. Louis Garot, born in Belgium, was butler to Swynfen Jervis and his wife, ...

The Gardens Entrance, Alton Towers

A postcard view of the entrance to the Gardens and the Memorial to the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury at Alton Towers. The Memorial was erected in about 1830 by his nephew John, the 16th Earl. It is a copy of ...

The Gardens, Alton Towers

This postcard view of the gardens and the Pagoda Fountain at Alton Towers was published by Alfred McCann, The Studio, Uttoxeter. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. ...

The Pagoda Fountain, Alton Towers

Designed by Robert Abraham, the Pagoda is a 44 foot high fountain which is a copy of the To-ho Pagoda in Canton. It was begun in 1826 and was originally intended to build six storeys. When it was finally ...

The Pagoda Fountain, Alton Towers

The Fountain was originally envisaged as a six storey structure with gas-lit Chinese lamps hanging from the various layers of roof. The final construction, a design of Robert Abraham modelled on the To-ho ...

The Pool, Chillington Hall

A view of the the landscape park and lake, known as the Pool, to the south of Chillington Hall which were designed by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown during the 1760s for Thomas Giffard the elder. James ...

The Rock Gardens, Alton Towers

A postcard view of the Rock Gardens, one of the various features and themed gardens including Dutch and Italian Gardens, the Chinese Pagoda Fountain, the Swiss Cottage, Stonehenge and the Gothic Prospect ...

The Screw Fountain, The Gardens, Alton Towers

This stone-carved fountain is also known as the 'Corkscrew Fountain', the 'Siren Fountain' and the 'Candlestick Fountain'. It stands in a pool surrounded by aquatic plants, and is one of many ornamental ...

The Waterfalls, Beaudesert

A postcard view of a small waterfall in Beaudesert Park. Postcard published by J. Tinsley, Chasetown. Postmarked 30 June 1906.

Tower of the Winds and Shugborough Hall

An engraving published as a plate in "Walpoole's New Complete British Traveller’’, published in 1784. The upper view shows the Tower of the Winds (here captioned as the Temple of the Winds) in Shugborough ...

Trentham gardens

A view of Trentham Gardens, with the remains of hall behind and part of the church to left. This early colour photograph is a Dufaycolour transparency, believed to have been taken by William Blake ...

Trentham Hall and Gardens

This photograph was taken on the viewing platform located on the site of Trentham Hall. Looking south over the Italianate Terraces and fountains towards the statue of Perseus and Capability Brown’s lake, ...

Trentham Hall and Gardens, the Cascade

The Cascade captured on an autumn day. The Cascade is at the south east end of Capability Brown's mile long lake, it takes surplus water from the lake into the nearby River Trent. The original Trentham ...

Trentham Hall,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...

Trentham Hall,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...

Trentham Lake: sepia wash drawing

Showing a view looking over the lake at Trentham. There is a hill with a monument (1834) in the distance, with trees on either side. Anonymous, [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Triton Fountain, Enville Hall

The Enville Hall estate was landscaped between 1745 and 1755 by the 4th Earl of Stamford, using the services of the poet and landscape designer William Shenstone of Halesowen, and Sanderson Miller, a ...