Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 96 1722 Records Found

Art Class, Sutherland Institute, Longton

Life drawing in Mr. Morse's art class. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke of Sutherland. Today it houses Longton Library.

Ashleigh House School for Young Ladies, Tutbury

The Principal was Miss Richmond. This photograph is from the collections of Tutbury Museum.

Ashley School

Pupils and teachers at Ashley Church of England School, near Eccleshall, 1948. The staff seated in the middle are Miss Brown, Mr Horton and Miss Potts. Miss Brown married Spencer Nevitt who taught at ...

Assembly in a Normacot school

Possibly Normacot Infants School, Meir Road, Normacot. The school opened in 1853, with new buildings in 1876, and a new infants' school in 1895. All the new buildings were demolished in about 1954. ...

Aston-by-Stone school class

Standing in second row, far right, is Christine Wright (nee Benbow).

Aston-by-Stone school class

Standing 2nd row, first on left (with headband) is Christine Wright (nee Benbow).

Aston-by-Stone school class

Aston-by-Stone school group

Audley Grammar School: sepia drawing

'Grammar School at Audley, Staffordshire,' showing a small, one storey building. There are four windows on the side and one in the end overlooking the churchyard. The roof is tiled.'J. B.,' [John Buckler]....

Avon Players, George Bernard Shaw Festival, Stafford

Pictured is a scene from ‘The Man of Destiny’ produced by the Avon Players. The players left to right are: Donald Bradley, Frank Lloyd (who played Napoleon), Celia Leigh and Stanley Orrillard. Production ...

Baker boys at Shugborough Walled Garden,

David and Colin Baker standing by a chicken coup and run in the South East Walled Garden at Shugborough. Their father Cecil George Baker was the tenant of Shugborough Walled Garden between 1932 and ...

Ball Green County Secondary Modern School, Stoke-on-Trent

Ball Green Secondary Modern School on Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent. The camera is looking north, with Bemersley Road off to the right hand side. Although the school buildings have been demolished, ...

Ball Green Primary School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the final stages in the building of Ball Green Primary School, taken in May 1964 just four months before the school opened. Just off Whitfield Road, the school is next to Fir Tree ...

Bamfords and JCB machinery, Oldfields Secondary Modern School, Uttoxeter

Bamfords and JCB machinery pictured outside the new school block, built in 1959, at Oldfields Scondary Modern School, Uttoxeter. On the right is a JCB Excavator 4, with a Bamford-Claeys M103 combine ...

Band, Alleynes High School, Stone

Group portrait of the Stone Town Band at Alleynes High School, Stone.

Barlaston School

This view is of the old school house at the Green, Barlaston which was taken from Longton Road.

Barlaston Village School

On the left are the buildings of the Teacher's House and Barlaston School, built in 1845 as a charity school, and extended in 1861. It became a public elementary school in 1873. The school closed in ...

Barley Mow public House, Milford,

In the early twentieth century the Barley Mow was a popular inn with cyclists and day trippers. The building remains little changed today.