Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 106 1906 Records Found

Alton Towers gardens

The gardens at Alton Towers, showing part of the Conservatory built in the 1820s by Robert Abraham. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 ...

Alton Towers Gardens

This postcard view is of the fountain and muses along with the colonnade/loggia and on the upper right is the dome of the alcove/rotunda. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. ...

Alton Towers Gardens

A view of the gardens leading up to the Memorial to the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury at Alton Towers. The Memorial was erected in about 1830 by his nephew John, the 16th Earl. It is a copy of the Choragic ...

Alton Towers Gardens

A postcard view looking from the carriage drive garden bridge into the gardens at Alton Towers, showing the Choragic Monument (in the centre) or Monument to Lysacrates in Athens (compare with the Lanthorn ...

Alton Towers Gardens

Cherub statue in the gardens of Alton Towers. The gardens were created by the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury between about 1810 and 1827. The building of Alton Towers (the house and estate) took place between ...

Alton Towers gardens, with pagoda

Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. A view of the Pagoda, built in 1827 by Robert Abraham, from the balustrade on top of ...

Alton Towers Lion, Brough Park, Leek

This stone lion was purchased by the town from a sale at Alton Towers, and for many years stood in Brough Park, latterly without the plinth pictured here. Today it stands by the side of the entrance ...

Alton Towers Views

A multi-view postcard of Alton Towers Mansion from the lake, view from the Gothic Temple, view of the Churnet Valley from the south-east, a scene in the Gardens and in the centre the Gothic Temple (usually ...

Alton Towers, Novelty Postcard

This 'Moving Pictures' novelty postcard contains several views of Alton Towers, one of which, the "T" Room, is shown in the inset viewer on the left. The “T” Room forms part of a series of views that ...

Alton Towers, Ribon Border

A view of the ribon border and gardens at Alton Towers, with the Towers in the distance. The gardens were created by the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury between about 1810 and 1827.

Alton Towers, The Armoury

This postcard view was published by The Alton Towers Café, Alton Towers, Stoke on Trent. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. It was built between about 1810 and 1852. ...

Alton Towers, the Gardens

To the right can be seen Robert Abrahams' Conservatory dating from the 1820s. Below it, in the centre of the photograph, is the Loggia. Alton Towers was the home of the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury. ...

Alton. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide containing a view of the formal gardens and buildings at Alton, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Originally home to the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury, Alton Towers has been developed ...

Alton. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide with a view of the formal gardens and buildings at Alton, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Originally home to the Talbot family, Earls of Shrewsbury, Alton Towers has been developed ...

An Old Deer Barn, Tittensor, Stone

This postcard view is titled 'An Old Deer Barn, Tittensor, Stone'. This deer barn may have been one of several located around Trentham Deer Park or at nearby Tittensor Chase. 'Trentham Conservation Area ...

ANZAC Soldiers at Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

ANZAC was the abbreviation for the Australian & New Zealand Army Corps and was formed early in the conflict of the Great War answering the British Empire's call to arms. The Expeditionary Force originally ...

Apedale Hall House and Park: steel engraving

'Apedale Hall. The seat of Richard Edensor Heathcote, Esquire,' near Newcastle-under-Lyme. The house is modern Elizabethan.F. Halliday, del., [drawn] and Thomas Taylor, sculp., [engraved.]

Aqualate Hall

The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in the late eighteenth century and commissioned John Nash to rebuild it in ...