Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 4 of 112 2000 Records Found

A polite encounter, Wolstanton

A watercolour by R.M. Colley, looking towards St. Margaret's Church, Wolstanton. St. Margaret's Church is depicted here in its pre 1858 state. Between 1858 and 1860 the church was altered by Gilbert Scott ...

A Summer Scene in the Potteries: woodcut engraving

Showing women sitting by a well, with a pot works on the hill above. Also shows a verse entitled `A Summer Scene in the Potteries,' from the Illustrated London News:'I.F.'

A Town on Millennium Eve, Newcastle-under-Lyme

An oil painting by Tim Lloyd, commissioned for the Millennium by Newcastle-under-Lyme Museum and Art Gallery. The painting contains images of people celebrating Millennium's Eve in Newcastle and contains ...

A view from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking north east from the end of Vicarage Road at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The middle of the photograph is dominated by the gas holders and buildings of Etruria ...

A view from Honeywall, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph is a view north west from Honeywall. In the distance, on the right, is the spoil tip at Berryhill and just in front, the dome of the tower of the former Co-Op department store building ...

A view north from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from the top of Vicarage Road, at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The camera is looking northwards. Inn the foreground is the Diamond Clay Works, manufacturing ...

A view of Aldergate Street, Tamworth

The passage way in between the buildings once led to Ernest George Edmund Soles' slaughter house. In 2003 the Tamworth Times was located here.

A view of Church Street, Tamworth

A view of the eastern end of Church Street. On the right can be seen one of Tamworth's oldest pub, The Stone Cross. The new Co-op is on the left, built in 1896, with the Paregoric shop further down the ...

A view of Harlaston, Lichfield

The triangular shaped Village Green, now a car park, can be seen in the background of this photograph, with the tower and Church of St. Matthews behind it. A Midland Red bus is pictured in the foreground....

A view of Holloway, Tamworth

A postcard of Holloway with Holloway Lodge on the right hand side. The Lodge is here pictuerd after it had been altered to include a second floor. The raised up line of buildings on the left hand side ...

A view of Speedwell Castle

Speedwell Castle was paid for by proceeds won from betting on 'Speedwell', a horse owned by the Duke of Bolton. Speedwell Castle is thought to have been built in around 1750 by William Rock.

A view of Speedwell Castle, Brewood

Speedwell Castle can just be seen to the left of this photograph. It was paid for by proceeds won from betting on 'Speedwell', a horse owned by the Duke of Bolton. Speedwell Castle is thought to have ...

A view of Tamworth Castle

A view of Tamworth Castle taken from the river. This photograph shows the rear of the boat house, with the River Tame in the foreground, and Lady Bridge on the left hand side.

A view of the Armoury, Whittington Barracks, Lichfield

Whittington Barracks was built on land purchased from the Marquess of Anglesey. Building was completed in 1880, providing accommodation for the Depots of the South and the North Staffordshire Regiments ...

A view up Basford Bank, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken looking up Etruria Road from close to the junction with Basford Park Road. Sackville Street is off to the left just by the Davenport's off-licence. This road formed part of the ...

A watercolour of Tamworth Castle

This watercolour of Tamworth Castle was exhibited at the Royal Academy in 1799 by the artist Richard Thomas Underwood.

A. Bentley & Co., grocers and bakers, Railway Street, Stafford

Exterior of A. Bentley & Co., grocers, bakers and provision merchants at 1 & 2, Railway Street, Stafford. Albert Bentley was born at Weston, near Stafford in 1879. He opened his first shop at Railway ...

A.J. Talbot & Son, boot dealers and manufacturers, Eccleshall

A.J. Talbot and Son's shop on High Street, Eccleshall. They were boot and dealers and manufacturers. As well as bespoke boots and shoes, they made leggings, carried out repairs and stocked Lotus, Ariel, ...