Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 30 532 Records Found

Blackladies Priory, Brewood

This hand-drawn map, dating from the early 18th century, shows the site of the dissolved priory of Blackladies, near Brewood. The original Benedictine priory was founded circa 1150 and dissolved in 1538; ...

Blithewood Moat, Checkley

Blithewood moat in winter, showing the raised bank between the double moat. This area is thought to be the site of an 11th century fortified manor house. The site is a rare and unusual example in Staffordshire ...

Brewood - Whiteladies Priory (Ruin) : engraving

Showing floor tiles discovered at Whiteladies.Anonymous.

Brewood - Whiteladies Priory (Ruin) : engraving

'Remains of the Priory Church at White Ladies, Shropshire.''D. Parkes, del., [drawn,] 15 July 1807; J. Basire, sc., [engraved.]'

Brewood - Whiteladies Priory (Ruin) : engraving

Details of the north and south doors (Norman), a floor tile, and Dame Joan's tomb-stone, 1669. With inscription.'D. Parkes, del., [drawn,] 15 July 1807; J. Basire, sc., [engraved.]'

Brewood - Whiteladies Priory (Ruin) : sepia drawing

Showing details of the remains:1. The capitals to the transept arch.2. The small window to the nave, with a dripstone.3. The north door, with part of the arch and one capital to arch.'J.B.,' [John Buckler.]...

Brewood - Whiteladies Priory (Ruin) : sepia drawing

Twelfth century ruin, showing the north wall of the church, with four nave windows and the arch to the transept. Also shows the north door at the western end (before the buttress.)'J. C Buckler.'

Bridge, Eccleshall Castle

The medieval bridge spanning the moat at Eccleshall Castle. The castle was used as the residence of the Bishops of Lichfield. The first reference to this building was in 1200, when Bishop Geoffrey ...

Brocton Gate, Brocton

Brocton Gate marked the boundary between the villages of Brocton and Milford. Postcard published by William Shaw, Burslem.

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Bleak Hill

Map of Bleak Hill, an area just south of Burslem town centre. This area is known as Cobridge these days. Waterloo Road, the main road out of Burslem, runs down the centre of the map. The expanse of ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Brownhills

Map showing the area known as Brownhills. It is situated to the north-west of Burslem town centre. Why were the maps made? This series of maps was surveyed by the Ordnance Survey Department in 1851 ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Brownhills

Map showing Brownhills, an area to the north-west of Burslem town centre. High Street (now Brownhills Road), running down the centre if the map, runs up into Tunstall. Liverpool Road is now called ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Burslem

Map of the southern part of Burslem town centre including St. John's Church and graveyard. Bourne's Bank, Navigation Road and Pleasant Street are still features of modern Burslem. The open land ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Burslem

Map showing the area to the north-west of Burslem town centre. Liverpool Road is now known as Westport Road. Why were the maps made? This series of maps was surveyed by the Ordnance Survey Department ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Burslem and Kilncroft

Map showing the east side of Burslem town centre and outlying area. The area below Chapel Lane and along Nile Street appears to have been called Kilncroft at the time. This is the approximate location ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Burslem and Surrounding Area

Map covering the area to the north-east of Burslem town centre as far as the parish borders with Wolstanton and Norton-in-the-Moors. This area is now the site of the Park Road and Stanfields estates, ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Burslem and Surrounding Area

Map including Burslem town centre, Sneyd, Rushton Grange, Cobridge and Abbey Hulton. The map provides good general detail of Burslem town centre. The layout of the town is very similar to today. The ...

Burslem area Ordnance Survey Maps - Burslem Town Centre

Map showing the northern edge of Burslem town centre. Liverpool Road, to the bottom left of the map, is now known as Westport Road. New Road, running from the top centre of the map, is now known ...