Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 67 1199 Records Found

Bone china trio

Shelley Potteries c. 1925-1966. Trio. 1981.P.143. c. 1945-1966. Gilded bone china. H (cup) : 2 ½ "; D (saucer) : 5 ¾ "; D (plate) : 6 ". Bone china trio decorated with gilded details. This shape ...

Boote's Ceramic Tiles Ltd, High Street, Tunstall

T & R Boote's ceramic tile works was on High Street to the north of Tunstall town centre. In the distance is the bell tower and spire of Christ Church. The spire has since been removed. The company ...

Boote's Tile Works, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Looking along Waterloo Road up towards Swan Square in Burslem. The large building on the right, on the corner of Zion Street (previously Regent Street), was the Waterloo Pottery operated by T & R Boote, ...

Boote's Waterloo Tile Works, Burslem

The derelict workshops of T & R Boote's tile works in Burslem. The company started in Burslem in 1842 and later occupied the Waterloo Pottery, which lay between Waterloo Road and Nile Street, from 1850. ...

Boston Pottery works on Sandyford High Street, Tunstall

Originally owned by the earthenware manufacturers, Knapper & Blackhurst, the Boston Pottery was occupied by Weetman Figures Ltd when the photograph was taken. Later the site was taken over by Old Boston ...

Bottle

c.1928-1937 Glazed Stoneware H. 7.0 x W. !.0 cm Miniature bottle, thrown and turned by Katharine Pleydell-Bouverie at Cole Pottery, Wiltshire, England. Grey box ash crackle glaze, with a dark brown ...

Bottle

c.1925-1938 Glazed Stoneware H. 4.8 x W. 2.0 cm Miniature bottle, thrown and turned by Katharine Pleydell-Bouverie at Cole Pottery, Wiltshire, England. White Portugal laurel ash crackle glaze, base ...

Bottle oven and workshops, Packhorse Lane, Burslem.

Packhorse Lane was the original road from Fountain Place to Longport. Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery, opened in 1789 straddled the lane. It was closed in 1850 and has been subdivided into a variety ...

Bottle oven at J Steventon's Royal Pottery, Burslem

The outside of a biscuit bottle oven at the Royal Pottery, off Steventon Place, in Burslem. The entrance (or wicket) to the oven is through the corrugated iron roofed porch. Behind the oven are the workshops ...

Bottle oven, Heath's Passage, Longton

Bottle oven at Heath's Passage off Warren Street, Longton

Bottle ovens and chimney at George L Ashworth Bros. Ltd., Hanley

This is a view of the bottle ovens and chimney of Ashworth's works from the rear entrance in Morley Street. George Ashworth & Bros manufactured ironstone, earthenware and ivory ware at the Broad Street ...

Bottle ovens from Adkins Street, Burslem

The photograph was taken from the rear of Adkins Street and shows the ovens of the Britannia Pottery of A G Richardson. The square building on the left hand edge, with the square chimney in the centre ...

Bottle ovens, Longton

A group of bottle ovens near John Street and Mount Pleasant. Photograph taken from under archway between 60 and 62 Meir Hay Road.

Boundary Works, Longton

The Boundary Works, on King Street, Longton, near Foley, built in 1819 by Josiah Spode.

Boundary Works, Longton

The Boundary Works, on King Street, Longton, near Foley, built in 1819 by Josiah Spode for ceramics manufacture.

Bowl

Shelley Potteries c. 1925 - 1966. Bowl. 1983.p.354. 'Pastoral' pattern by Shelley Potteries. Made at Shelley Potteries, Longton

Bowl

Glazed Earthenware. H. 6.3 x W. 11.4 cm. Earthenware bowl, thrown and turned at Winchcombe Pottery, Gloucestershire England. Painted slip on the interior and exterior of rim, lead transparent glaze, ...

Bowl

c.1935. Glazed Earthenware. H. 11.0 x W. 31.6 cm. Earthenware bowl, thrown and turned by Michael Cardew, decorated by Henry Bergen at Winchcombe Pottery, Gloucestershire, England. Slip decorated ...