Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 16 275 Records Found

Design Centre, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

John Morris at his desk in the Design Centre at Lotus Ltd.'s shoe factory on Sandon Road, Stafford. John moved from the Stone factory when it closed to work in the company's Design Centre. He was later ...

Design Department, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

Don Vickers pictured in the Design Department at the Lotus Shoe Factory in Stafford. This photograph was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded ...

Directors of Keats and Bexon, Stafford

Directors, staff and family outside the Keats and Bexon factory main gate, Corporation Street. John and William Keats set up a company manufacturing shoe making machinery on Gaol Road in the 1870s ...

Dove shoe polish tins

Spic and Span Shoe Polishes Ltd. was established in Glover Street on 3 June 1932. The company was partly owned by Lotus Ltd., the shoe manufacturers. In 1938 the company, under the directorship of ...

Edge iron tool. Finishing department, shoe manufacturing

Edge irons are used to set the edge of the sole, to smooth it and imprint a desired shape on it. This process is done by running the heated tool, under pressure, along the edge of the leather sole and ...

Edwin Bostock & Co. Ltd. trade marks, Stafford

Inlay from an Edwin Bostock & Co. Ltd. overseas trade catalogue which shows trade marks of the company in about 1915. The trade marks illustrated are: Flexilis, Lyric Brand, Cosmos, Ariel, Iris, Lotus, ...

Electric Generators, Lotus Shoe Factory, Stafford,

Generators manufactured by English Electric Co. which powered the Lotus shoe factory on Sandon Road. The Sandon Road factory was demolished in 1998. English Electric was formerly Siemens Bros., who ...

Employees outside Bostock's Shoe Factory, Stafford,

Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed by fire in 1901. This resulted in a new factory being built on Sandon Road, which opened in 1903. Bostock's ...

English Electric Co. factory floor, Stafford

Working at the bench at the front is Arthur Chatfield. Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. ...

Female employees modelling shoes, Lotus, Stafford

Women modelling London shoes manufactured by Lotus Ltd. Standing first from left is Ida Bradshaw (nee Cartwright) who lived on Alliance Street before she was married. Lotus was originally named Bostock's ...

Female Employees Modelling Shoes, Lotus, Stafford

Women modelling London shoes manufactured by Lotus. Standing first from left is Ida Bradshaw (nee Cartwright) who lived on Alliance Street before she was married. Lotus was originally named Bostock's ...

Female Workers, David Hollin's Shoe Factory, Stafford,

David Hollins, the son of a railway man, was one of the largest shoe manufacturers in Stafford. His factory was on Albert Terrace. Mr Hollin owned Highfield Manor on Newport Road, Stafford.

Finisher, In Vogue Shoes, Stone

Mr 'Boz' Philips was a finisher at Invogue Shoes. He is seen here hand trimming the edges of a sole. Invogue's factory stood behind the east side of Stone High Street. It was owned by the Reinli ...

Finishing Dept., Mason and Marson Shoe Factory, Stafford,

The finishing room was where the edges of the soles were trimmed; the heels and soles were then burnished. This is one of a series of postcards sent to the wife of an Australian shoe manufacturer, ...

Fire destroyed the Vik Warehouse, Sandon Road, Stafford.

Employees outside the site of the devastating fire at the Vik warehouse on Sandon Road. Mr Elias Peak and Mr Bernard Preece discussing the situation with Mr Jack Linnell to the right.

Florence Wood, Lotus Ltd, Stone

Mrs Florence Wood was cheief examiner at the Lotus Ltd shoe factory, Stone. She began her working life with Mason and Marson in Stafford, and the joined Peach's after the First World War. She retired ...

Football Club, Bostock's Shoe Works, Stafford,

Edwin Bostock's shoe factory was originally in Foregate Street, Stafford, but was destroyed by fire in 1901. This resulted in a new factory being built in Sandon Road, which opened in 1903. Bostock's ...

Former Shoe Factory, Stafford,

A shoe factory once occupied this building on Browning Street. In 1966 the premises were used by Goodwin's Removals and Storage. A room on the first floor was used by the Salvation Army as a band ...