Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 7 121 Records Found

Mill Meece Pumping Session

The interior of the Engine House at Mill Meece Pumping Station. Mill Meece Pumping Station was built by Staffordshire Potteries Waterworks Company between 1912 and 1928 to supplement the water supply ...

Moors Gorse Pumping Station, between Hednesford and Rugeley

A view of the pumping station's main buildings and chimney by the A460, Hednesford to Rugeley Road and the railway line between Rugeley, Hednesford, Cannock and Walsall. The pumping station was built ...

Moors Gorse Pumping Station, near Hednesford

Moors Gorse Waterworks are mid-way between Hednesford (to the right) and Rugeley. The track crossing the road is Marquis Drives heading towards Wandon. This view was taken from what would later be known ...

Moors Gorse Pumping Station, near Hednesford

In this colour-tinted postcard view the main road appears to be un-metalled. The workers' cottages can be seen behind the Pumping Station. Postcard published by J. Bird, Hednesford.

New filter beds at the water reclamation works, Uttoxeter

No1 Boiler at Mill Meece Pumping Station

This Lancashire boiler is one of two boilers installed at Mill Meece when it was built in 1912-1916. On the left is the hopper for the automatic feed, added during the 1950s to meet new smoke pollution ...

North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary, Hartshill

This aerial photograph shows the hospital at Hartshill, near Newcastle-under-Lyme during the process of expansion. The tall Italianate style building in the centre of the picture was a water tower and ...

Old Water Conduit, Stafford,

An old water conduit unearthed during roadworks on Lichfield Road. The lock-up can be seen on the left, used to temporarily detain local drunks and vagrants. The public house is the White Lion. Both ...

Open day at Brindley Bank Pump House, Rugeley

Brindley Bank Pump House was opened in 1905 and was built by the South Staffordshire Waterworks Company. It contained a horizontal tandem compound pumping engine made by Hathorn Davey of Leeds in 1903. ...

Opening of Quixhill Waterworks

This shows the official opening ceremony. The members are all assembled outside the waterworks waiting for the speeches to fininsh and the doors to be opened.

Opening of Quixhill Waterworks, near Rocester

Group of men, possibly committee members and local councillors, together with family members, at the opening of Quixhill Waterworks.

Opening of Quixhill Waterworks, Rocester.

Group of men, possibly committee members and local councillors, at the opening of Quixhill Waterworks.

Pipe laying near Normacot Church

The school and church can be seen. The pipes being laid are possibly sewer pipes. The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church ...

Pumphouse at Kinver Mill, Kinver

Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations, Stafford,

The Diamond Jubilee celebrations lasted three days. Jubilee Day was a public holiday and two oxen, donated by the Meakins of Creswell Hall, were roasted on Market Square. Children sang the National ...

Sailing on Blithfield Reservoir

Blithfield is the largest reservoir in Staffordshire, being 2 miles (3.2km)long, covering an area of 790 acres (320 hectares) with a maximum depth of 47 feet (14.3 metres). It was built by the South ...

Salt Memorial Fountain, Slindon

The Salt Memorial was erected by John Charles Salt in 1884. John Salt, a member of the well-known Stafford banking family, also funded the construction of St. Chad's Church, Slindon, in 1894.

Sant's House, Slitting Mill, Rugeley

Cottage by Slitting Mill Waterworks shortly before demolition. The cottage belonged to the Water Company. Mary Sant and her blacksmith husband William were allowed to stay in the cottage until 1931, when ...