Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 6 99 Records Found

Radford canal wharf, Stafford,

Road widening at Radford Bank during winter 1984-85. Radford Wharf on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal looking north towards the road.

Railway Bridge, Shugborough Park,

During the 1840s two railways were constructed through the park at Shugborough. To minimise the damage fences and trees were used to hide the trains from view. The tunnel and bridges were designed to ...

Railway tunnel, Meir

Photograph taken from Normacot Station bridge, looking south-east towards Meir Tunnel.

Railway Viaduct, Bolebridge, Tamworth

Bolebridge Railway viaduct was built to carry the Birmingham to Derby Railway and is known locally as the Nineteen Arches. It was officially opened on 4th August 1839 by George Stephenson driving his ...

Railway Viaduct, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Seven Arches viaduct looking west from the A449 Wolverhampton Road at the old Junction with Levedale Road near Penkridge. In later years this junction was changed. On the ...

Railway Viaduct, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Seven Arches viaduct looking west from the A449 Wolverhampton Road at the old junction with Levedale Road near Penkridge. In later years this junction was changed. In the ...

Railway Viaduct, Penkridge

This postcard view of ‘The Seven Arches’ viaduct over the River Penk, near Penkridge, was sent along with several other postcards in an envelope from ‘Ginge’ (name unknown) to his Mother (name and address ...

Railway Viaduct, Penkridge

This postcard view shows the Seven Arches viaduct looking south from Levedale Road towards Penkridge. In the foreground is the River Penk, on the left is the tower of St. Michael and All Angels' Church ...

Repair of Rye Hill Canal Bridge, Church Eaton

Builders working on Rye Hill Bridge number 22 over the Shropshire Union Canal, between Church Eaton and Wheaton Aston. Locally known as Slabs Bridge. Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves, Staffordshire.....

River Sow and Stafford Town from the West,

View of Stafford from the west. In the centre can be seen the Broad Eye windmill, with St. Mary's Church to its right. The bridge is the old Broad Eye or Doxey Bridge, built in 1611 to carry the ...

Royal Brine Baths and Green Bridge, Stafford,

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search for a water supply for the town. This led to the opening of the Brine Baths in Greengate Street in 1892, designed ...

Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search for a water supply for the town. This led to the opening of the Brine Baths in Greengate Street in 1892, designed ...

Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search for a water supply for the town. This led to the opening of the Brine Baths in Greengate Street in 1892, designed ...

Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search for a water supply for the town. This led to the opening of the Brine Baths in Greengate Street in 1892, designed ...

Rugeley Railway Viaduct

Photograph of the Rugeley railway viaduct over the river Trent on the branch line to Birmingham from the west coast main line.

Sandon Hall,

The original moated Sandon Old Hall was acquired by the Erdeswick family in 1338, but was sold to Lord Harrowby in 1776. The original building no longer remains, but was still standing in 1852. By this ...

Shugborough Hall and Essex Bridge,

Shugborough is the ancestral home of the Anson family, who were later created the Earls of Lichfield. The central block of the house was built in 1693. Thomas Wright of Durham designed the pavilions ...

Shugborough Railway Tunnel,

During the 1840s two railways were constructed through the park at Shugborough. To minimise damage to the landscape a large cutting was made to accommodate the line. Fences and trees were used to hide ...