Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 15 263 Records Found

Cottage, Haughton

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Cottages in Coalpit Lane, Brereton

These thatched cottages are thought to have been about half-way up Coalpit Lane on the right (north) side of the road. They belonged to the Earl of Shrewsbury, Brereton's Lord of the Manor and owner ...

Cottages, Chebsey,

County Fruit Store, Stafford,

Dated 1610, this small, thatched building on Mill Street would have been a typical example of a seventeenth century Stafford cottage. Throughout the centuries it was known as Primrose Cottage and ...

Coven Farm House,

Coven Farm House was originally built around 1600 and has been considerably altered since the 1950s. The car is a a 1957 Vauxhall Velox.

Cruck House, Stowe Street, Lichfield

Cruck House is a 15th century timber-framed building located in Stowe Street. It was rebuilt by the Council in 1978, and opened as a club for older people. This photograph shows Cruck House during ...

Dale's Ironmongers Shop, Greengate Street, Stafford

Oil painting by H. Overton Jones of Dale's Ironmongers Shop on Greengate Street. This building at 11 Greengate Street was a typical Tudor house (built in about 1500), although the building would have ...

Dale's Ironmongers Shop, Greengate Street, Stafford

An oil painting by an unknown artist depicting Dale's Shop with the Greengate Chocolate Shop on the south side. This building at 11 Greengate Street was a typical Tudor house (built in about 1500), ...

Dale's Ironmongers Shop, Stafford

This building at 11 Greengate Street was a typical Tudor house (c.1500), although the building would have originally been thatched and a shop front was added in 1826. The building was first used ...

Dale's Ironmongers Shop, Stafford,

This building at 11 Greengate Street was a typical Tudor house (c.1500), although the building would have originally been thatched and a shop front was added in 1826. The building was first used ...

Demolition of a Timber Framed House, Hixon

Thorn Lea Cottage was built as a pair of cottages in the seventeenth century on High Street, next to where the Memorial Hall stands today. In the 1920s the Barlow family rented the house from Miss Huntbatch, ...

Demolition of the Old Guildhall, Stafford

The original Guildhall was built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. By the 1930s a new police station was needed and one was constructed ...

Dilhorne Hall Lodge House

At the time the photograph was taken, the Lodge's arch was used to access the village's Recreation and Community Centre. It has since been converted to a private house with an alternative access being ...

Eastgate Street, Stafford

In this view there are three public houses within one hundred yards of each other. The timber framed Fox and George, standing here empty and awaiting demolition, was later replaced by Price and Webb's ...

Eastgate Street, Stafford,

A policeman and police car indicates that the building which today is the Registry Office is still the Chief Constable's office. The motorcycle parked behind the Rover saloon car is a Royal Enfield, ...

Eastgate Street, Stafford, (2)

On the extreme right of the photograph is the sign of the Castle Inn, demolished in the 1960s to make way for the Telephone Exchange. On the left, where Britannia House now stands, is the White Hart ...

Elizabethan cottage, Horsefair, Rugeley

Rugeley would once have had many timber-framed cottages, most of which were lost in the extensive fires of 1646 and 1708. This thatched cottage stood in the site now occupied by James Furnishers. On ...

Elizabethan House, Gaolgate, Stafford

Oil painting on canvas by an unknown artist. The Elizabethan House was built on Gaolgate Street in the late Tudor period. The building was destroyed by fire on 1st October 1887. The alarm was raised ...