Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > School Children & Students
Page 4 of 47 831 Records Found

Bricklayer's Arms, Stafford,

The Bricklayer's Arms in Gaolgate Street was rebuilt and renamed the King Edward VII to mark his coronation in 1902. On the right is Hazelwood's drapers shop. It was demolished in the 1960s to make ...

Brocton Lodge, Shugborough Park,

Brocton Lodge was situated in Shugborough Park close to the Stafford to Lichfield road, near to White Barn Farm. The publisher has mistakenly titled this postcard 'Shugborough Lodge'. The building ...

Brocton Mission Hall,

The Mission Hall opened in 1891. The building was also used as a schoolroom. In 1951 the hall was dedicated to All Saints.

Brocton Village,

View of Pool Lane. The house on the left has been demolished, but the house on the right still stands. The gate was to prevent animals from the Chase straying into the village.

Brook End, Longdon

A multi-view postcard with scenes around Brook End, Longdon and Longdon Green. Top row, left to right: the Grand Lodge to Beaudesert Hall; the Village School (in later years this building became the ...

Broom Street Nursery School, Hanley

The school was designed of Queen Anne style by architect William Keates. It was built in 1879 to accomodate 750 children and cost £6,953 to construct.

Broom Street School, Hanley. Circa 1950

A boys PE lesson at Broom Street School. Exercise and play areas were small, the girls and infants being given even less space than the boys.

Brownhills High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the main buildings and playing fields of Brownhills High School. This site is now the Co-operative Academy of Stoke on Trent, with new school buildings. The School was originally ...

Bucknall County Secondary and Infants School

Bucknall Secondary Modern School was on Malthouse Lane. Formed during the reorganisation of city schools after 1932, it included buildings from the old Bucknall County Infants' School. In this photograph, ...

Burgess' Ironmongers Shop, Eccleshall,

One of Burgess' first shops which opened on Stafford Street. This shop is directly opposite the present Burgess' premises.

Burnhill Green School, near Pattingham

Back row L. to R: Miss Corbett; Ron Mytton; Sylvia Mytton;Jean Shaw; Connie Wood. Middle row: Eileen Beardmore; Betty Shaw; Rosalie Colton; Vera Jones; Frances Beardsmore; Ruby Horton; Joan Pooler; Geoff ...

Butcher's Shop Display, Eccleshall

This window display won first prize at the Smithfield Christmas Auction. Standing in the doorway is Mr W. Hart, the butcher. Mr Hart's brother kept a farm and supplied the shop with meat.

Butter Making Competition, Knightley,

Butter making competition at Gorse Farm. Mr and Mrs George Watson, who lived at the farm, are seated in the centre with their daughter May.

C.E. Boys School, New Penkridge road Cannock

Class J3 at the Church of England School, New Penkridge road, Cannock. Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build ...

C.E. Boys School, Walhouse Road, Cannock

Class J4 at the Church of England Boys School, Walhouse Road, Cannock. Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build ...

C.E. Boys School, Walhouse Road, Cannock

Class J1 at the Church of England Boys School, Walhouse Road, Cannock. Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build ...

C.E. Boys School, Walhouse Road, Cannock

A music class at the Church of England Boys School, Walhouse Road, Cannock. Walhouse School was founded in 1828 by Mrs Ann Craycroft Walhouse of Hatherton Hall who gave £2,000 to buy the land and build ...

Calton School group

A group of pupils from Calton School, with St. Mary's Church in the background. Building work began on the village school in 1875, but it was not until 20 June 1881 that the first batch of sixteen ...