Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 13 220 Records Found

Entrance and ticket office, Milton Railway Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The entrance to Milton Station was on Maunders Road (previously Station Road) on the north western edge of the village. The line was in a cutting and the platforns were below and behind the station building. ...

Entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station from Colclough Lane with the station nameboard visible just visible. The camera is looking north east and the houses beyond the station are on Birchenwood ...

Erecting a railway bridge, Stoke-on-Trent

This picture was taken during the erection of a railway bridge in the north of Stoke-on-Trent on the 21st April 1929. As you can see a crowd of people gathered to watch the construction. Despite our ...

Etruria Gas Works, Stoke on Trent

Overview of Etruria Gas Works with Stoke-on-Trent beyond. The gas works opened in 1904. The large gas holder back left was dismantled in 1991.

Etruria junction, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking north from the Etruria Road bridge just north of Etruria Station. It shows the junction of the Potteries Loop Line (to the right) with the main line to Manchester (straight ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south towards Stoke Station from the up side platform at Etruria Station. The tank engine is on the down line heading towards Kidsgrove. To the right is Twyford's Etruria Works and ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view from Etruria Station looking south along the up line. On the left are the gas holders of Etruria gasworks. The train of tankers is heading towards Stoke. Etruria Station opened in 1848 by ...

Etruria Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking south from the down side platform along the down line towards Stoke Station. Etruria Station was opened in 1848, extended with the coming of the Loop Line in the 1870s and finally ...

Fancy Dress group at Colwich Station

Fancy dress group in the entrance yard at Colwich Station, 1918.The entrance yard at Colwich station, with Main Road in the foreground. Handwritten on the reverse of this postcard: "Mrs Joe Harrison ...

Fenton Hall and Whieldon's Grove: lithograph

Showing residential property called Whieldon's Grove and Fenton Hall, which is a large, two storeyed Georgian building. This print shows the routes of planned railways through the properties. Anonymous. Inscribed: ...

Fenton Manor Station, Fenton

Fenton Manor Station was on the old Biddulph Valley line and Leek branch of North Staffordshire Railway. The station was on Manor Street (then named Albert Street), just off Victoria Road. The line passes ...

Fenton Station

This photograph was taken from Fenton Station looking east towards Longton. Opened in 1864 as part of the North Staffordshire Railway's line between Stoke and Derby. The station was closed in 1961 and ...

Ford Green Brook valley, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking south along the Biddulph Valley branch line. This section is between Black Bull (behind the camera) to Ford Green and the photograph was taken from the Whitfield Mill crossing. Off to the left ...

Ford Green Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Ford Green Road from near the junction with Chetwynd Street (on the right). Ford Green station, on the Biddulph Vallley branch, is just to the left of the level crossing gates ...

Ford Green station house, Stoke-on-Trent

The footbridge and station house attached to Ford Green and Smallthorne Station. The station was on the Biddulph Valley branch, opened in 1864 and finally closed in 1964. The house has been demolished ...

Former goods yard, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The former goods yard at Brook lane, a derelict part of Pool Dam Branch railway, which was opened in 1850. The railway was built as an industrial line to connect the Silverdale mines and ironworks with ...

Former Goods Yard, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The former goods yard at Brook lane, a derelict part of Pool Dam Branch railway, which was opened in 1850. The railway was built as an industrial line to connect the Silverdale mines and ironworks with ...

Goods Yard, Cresswell

Navvies working on the Cheadle Railway construction. The small signal box in the background was used to shunt the goods yard.