Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Mining & Quarrying
Page 4 of 37 652 Records Found

Black Bull station and Victoria Colliery aerial ropeway, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Black Bull Station was just north of Brindley Ford on the Biddulph Valley line, opened in 1860. The station opened in 1864 but the line was used mainly for coal and iron stone and passenger numbers were ...

Black Bull Station and Victoria Colliery, Brindley Ford

This is a view looking north from Bull Lane towards Victoria Colliery. Black Bull station buildings can be seen on the right hand side. The station was on the now dismantled Biddulph Valley Branch. On ...

Bleak Hill Works, Cobridge

Bleak Hill works was at the bottom of Orgreave Street (previously named Bleak Street), off Waterloo Road. Warburton Street ran from left to right across the front of the works. Behind the works is the ...

Bleak House Opencast Mining Site, Heath Hayes

Blue John Mine, Castleton. Photographed by William Blake.

Stereoscope slide with a view of the Blue John Mine at Castleton, Derbyshire.

Boon Hill, Audley

The bottom of Boon Hill Road at its junction with Bignall End Road. Audley Station can just be seen on the right and the chimneys of Diglake Colliery are seen through the trees.

Boothen Colliery , Hanley

Patrick Hamilton, the image donor's great grandfather is second from the left. He was Colliery Banksman at Racecourse/Boothen Colliery, Hanley, Stoke on Trent in the late 1880s to 1900s.

Bowden Street, Burslem

The view looking south along Bowden Street from Minster Street. In the distance is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery and at the bottom, but out of sight, is Moorland Road. The terraced houses at this end ...

Brandy Row or Foundry View, Huntington

The houses to the front left were known as Brandy Row or Foundry View. The houses seen in the background were on Gravel Lane, these houses stood on the site of what is now housing on the current line ...

Brereton Collieries, Rugeley

A postcard view of Brereton Collieries. The pit on the right was originally known as Brick-Kiln pit, latterly Brereton Colliery which closed in 1960, the same year that production started at nearby Lea ...

Brereton Colliery, near Rugeley

Latterly known as Brereton Colliery, originally the Brick-kiln Colliery, it ceased production in 1960 and was demolished by the Territorial Army in 1963. It was Originally developed from the earlier, ...

Brocton Gravel Pit, Cannock Chase

Brocton Gravel Pit was worked by Brocton Gravel Company between 1930 and 1960. Pictured are Harold Foster with his workmates. The company was set up by Fred Riley.

Brocton Gravel Works,

Gravel pit head workings.

Brocton Quarry

Brocton Quarry was worked by Brocton Gravel Company Ltd. between 1930 and 1960. The large white building in the centre was the engine house, with the dark diesel storage tank raised up to the right ...

Brocton Quarry

Brocton Quarry was worked by Brocton Gravel Company Ltd. between 1930 and 1960. The large iron structure was the storage bunker. On the right hand side of the bunker can be seen the bucket conveyor ...

Brocton Quarry workers

Brocton Quarry was worked by Brocton Gravel Company Ltd. between 1930 and 1960.

Brookhouse Farm, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Brookhouse Farm at the junction of Peck Mill Lane and Outclough Road (formerly High Street). The camera is looking south towards Chatterley Whitfield Colliery's spoil tip and chimney.

Brownhills Road, Tunstall

The photograph was taken from Canal Lane looking south east towards the old Brownhills High School for Girls. Brownhills Road runs across the bottom of the photograph. The original school was based around ...