Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 12 211 Records Found

Hall's Lake Pavilion, Rudyard

This refreshment chalet and the nearby landing stage were built by the North Staffordshire Railway Company, and was leased to John Hall. He started hiring boats and running motor launch trips around ...

Harold Wilson, visit to Rugeley

Prime Minister Harold Wilson being welcomed during a visit to Rugeley. Standing to his right is Mr. Newman, Chairman of Rugeley District Council. The photograph was taken at the Cedar Tree, Brereton. ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This is a very interesting view of the High Street as it is much changed today. The Police station is the white building to the right of the Guildhall. This station opened in 1834, for Newcastle's first ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The tram lines visible in the centre of this photograph give the date of pre 1928, when the trams were removed from Newcastle. On the far right hand side can be seen the shop of W. Parton, a professional ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Taken looking North along the High Street this photgraph takes in a 1930s street scene. The hustle and bustle of people on the pavement, cars, buses and bikes pulled up to the side of the road, a mixture ...

High Street, Stone

A busy day on Stone High Street. On the left is the Crown Hotel, and on the right are the Unicorn Hotel (on the corner with Mill Street)and Fountain Inn, both now demolished. A postcard view taken ...

High Street, Stone,

On the left is Evan and Sons ironmongers and garage, established in 1840. The building with the bow windows is the Crown Hotel. The hotel was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed ...

High Street, Stone, (1)

On the left is Evan and Sons ironmongers and garage, established in 1840. The building with the bow windows is the Crown Hotel. The hotel was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed ...

High Street, Wombourne

High Street, Wombourne showing Walker's grocers, Post Office and tea room. These buildings are now (2019) occupied by, from right to left: Wombourne Tandoori Restaurant, Co-op supermarket, Stephenson's ...

Horse Fair, Rugeley

This postcard view of Horse Fair in Rugeley was posted in 1910. On the left is Moorcroft’s fruit and vegetable shop and on the right by the tree is Talbot Street, along with the Station Hotel and J Wright’s ...

Horse Sale at the Crown Hotel, Stone

The Crown Hotel on High Street was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed by Henry Holland in 1780. The inn was a stop for stage coaches from London, Manchester and Birmingham; there ...

Hotel and Catering Course, Stafford College, Earl Street, Stafford

Students are pictured in Stafford College's new restaurant in the Earl Street building. This photograph was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon.

Hotel and Catering Course, Stafford College, Earl Street, Stafford

Students are pictured in the Kitchen of Stafford College's new restaurant in the Earl Street building. This photograph was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon.

Hotel and Catering course, Stafford College, Tenterbanks Building, Stafford

Students and guests seen in the restauraunt of the Tenterbanks building prior to moving to the new Earl Street building.

Hulme End Hotel

This postcard of Hulme End Hotel in the Manifold Valley was published by the proprietor of the Hotel in the 1940s, Mr R. Bassett.

Interior of Darlaston Cafe, Stone

Tables are laid ready for the day's customers in this postcard view. The Darlaston Cafe was a regular watering hole for travellers on the A34; the main route north-south through Staffordshire before ...

Izaak Walton Hotel, Ilam, Dovedale

Originally a 17th century farmhouse, the building has been a hotel since the 19th century. The hotel is situated close to the Staffordshire-Derbyshire border and was originally part of the Ilam Hall ...

Izaak Walton Hotel, Ilam, Dovedale

Originally a 17th century farmhouse, the building has been a hotel since the 19th century. The hotel is situated close to the Staffordshire-Derbyshire border and was originally part of the Ilam Hall ...