Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Agriculture & Countryside
Page 4 of 7 110 Records Found

Goods label, Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., Eccleshall

Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural implement business in Eccleshall in 1900. The business was a success and by 1912 the headquarters had moved to Stafford, with branches in ...

Great Hartwell Farm, Rough Close

View of a moated farm taken, Great Hartwell Farm, Rough Close, near Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Group of speakers at Rodbaston Farm Institute, Penkridge

A group of speakers at a County Poultry Conference held at Rodbaston farm Institute. Far right is Mr J.W. Rowland, head of Rodbaston's poultry department. Rodbaston College's origins lie in 1919 when ...

Harvesting at The Fox Inn, Shipley

Charlie Law is driving a Foster Threshing machine.

Hay-timing, Uttoxeter area

The tractor is pulling a raised-sided hay trailer, which is in turn pulling a hay loader. The cut hay has been raked up and pulled up the slope into the loader.

Haywain, Trentham.

A rural scene at Trentham during the summer of 1920. Before the age of the tractor, people and horses were used to tend the land. Here the grass has been cut, probably by hand, and is loaded in a loose ...

Hedgecutting Competition, Houndhill, Marchington

Mr T. Dawson of Stramshall taking part in the Uttoxeter District Ploughing and Hedgecutting Competition held at Mr T.B. Ball's farm, Houndhill Farm, Marchington. He also took the title 'Champion Hedgecutter ...

Henry Holland, Agricultural Engineers, Eccleshall,

Holland's, on High Street, is now a pet shop. The building on the far right was the King's Head public house, built c.1800. The King's Head closed in 1925 and the building is now a private house.

Hereford Bull, Ivy House Farm, Hixon,

Hereford bull at Ivy House Farm, Smithy Lane. The outbuildings have now been demolished. Some of the stone was incorporated into The Granary on Egg Lane.

Hilltop Farm, Great Saredon

Late 18th century doorway at Hilltop Farm.

Housing, Eastgate Street, Stafford, (3)

The building on the right was Theobald's veterinary practice.

Joe Law, Fred Bacchus and Alfred Price, outside the Smithy, Pattingham

Joseph Gorse, Blythe Bridge Mill, Kingstone

Joseph Gorse at Blythe Bridge Mill Kingstone at the wedding of his grandson Ernest William Fisher to Elsie Bond. Joseph Gorse came from a long line of gamekeepers and was himself employed on the Sandon ...

Knowl Wall Farm, Swynnerton

This photograph of Knowl Wall farm appeared in the Sutherland Estate Sale catalogue, October 21st 1919. At the time the tenant was Mr S V Prestwood.

Landscape, Unknown. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape including farm buildings and trees. Unknown location.

Lichfield Agricultural Co. (Bamfords) Ltd., Burton Road, Lichfield

Name plate from an agricultural implement or machine supplied by the Lichfield Agricultural Co (Bamfords) Ltd of Burton Road Garage, Lichfield. Henry Bamford and Sons of Uttoxeter purchased the Lichfield ...

Loading furnace, Bamford's foundry, Uttoxeter

Bamfords was founded in 1871 in Uttoxeter by Henry Bamford and made water pumps, taps and agricultural machinery. Joseph Cyril Bamford split off from the Bamford company in 1945 to set up what has become ...

Machine shop, Bamford's, Uttoxeter

A view of the enlarged Machine Shop at Bamford's works, Uttoxeter. Bamfords was founded in 1871 in Uttoxeter by Henry Bamford and made water pumps, taps and agricultural machinery. Joseph Cyril Bamford ...