Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Wrought & Cast Iron Work
Page 4 of 11 197 Records Found

Excavation of the Wash Pit Railings, Eccleshall, (1)

The Wash Pit, or Sheep Pool, on Church Street was a pond fed by a spring. After a fire at the church in 1868 the need for a water supply became apparent. In 1890 the Wash Pit was cleaned out and deepened ...

Excavation of the Wash Pit Railings, Eccleshall, (2)

The Wash Pit, or Sheep Pool, on Church Street was a pond fed by a spring. After a fire at the church in 1868 the need for a water supply became apparent. In 1890 the Wash Pit was cleaned out and deepened ...

Ferrybridge, Burton-upon-Trent

A view of Ferrybridge taken from the Stapenhill (east) bank of the River Trent. To the right can be seen the tower of St Peter's church, Stapenhill, built 1880-1 by Evans & Jolly of Nottingham. Ferrybridge ...

Gaol Square, Stafford,

The Union Jack boot and Shoe shop - 'the working man's friend' - had closed at the time of this photograph. In the 1930s the building would be replaced by the Gaol Square Garage. Note the cast-iron ...

Gates at Wootton Hall, near Ellastone

Wootton Hall, Ellastone, Wootton. Decorated wrought iron gates at the entrance to the Wootton Hall estate. Wootton Hall, near Ellastone, was a large stone house which was extensively rebuilt in about ...

Gateway, Ingestre Stables,

The original seventeenth century stables at Ingestre Hall are next to St. Mary's Church. The new stables (pictured) were designed by John Birch in the late nineteenth century. This elaborate building ...

Gravelly Bank, Lightwood. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Gravelly Bank, Lightwood, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Green Hall, Stafford,

Front view of Green Hall, Lichfield Road. Built in the 1820s for Charles Webb, a solicitor, the house was originally named Forebridge Hall. Today the building houses the County Architect's Department....

Greengate Street and Mill Bank Corner, Stafford,

View showing Henry Mercer's saddlers shop and the Baths Hotel on Greengate Street. In 1928 the council purchased Mercer's, along with various other buildings between the shop and the Coach and Horses ...

Greengate Street, Stafford

Greengate Street looking towards the Market Square, an image taken from a glass negative. The timber framed building on the left is the Ancient High House, built by Richard Dorrington in 1595. In 1826 ...

Hamilton Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Hamilton Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Hamilton Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Hamilton Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Harpfield Infants School, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Harpfield Infants School was built in 1875. Under the guidance of its first chairman, Sir Lovelace Stamer, Rector of Stoke-on-Trent, who was also chairman of the National Schools Board in Stoke, the ...

Harris and Son, Rugeley

This shop was built in the mid-19th century for R. J. Harris & Son, ironmongers. This image is taken from a glass negative. The shop displays a fine selection of ironmongery, agricultural and household ...

Hawthornden Manor Lodge, Bramshall Road, Uttoxeter

A view of the lodge at the entrance to Hawthornden Manor, built for Samuel Brassington Bamford (1845-1932) after his marriage to Dorothy Hawthorn in 1875. It was converted into flats by 1978 and is now ...

Hazel Slade Primary School

Probably taken towards the end of the second Infants' year, most children being at or near age 7. They would have started in the school term after their 5th birthday and usually would not have received ...

High Street, Cheadle

A postcard view of a busy scene on the High Street, Cheadle. On the left is the Wheatsheaf Hotel with its large ornate wrought-iron inn sign, which is one of several to be seen in Cheadle. Also on ...

Highcroft, Rough Close

View of Highcroft, Windmill Hill, Rough Close, near Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Photographed by William Blake. This is one of a number of images taken at Highcroft. These pictures were possibly ...