Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 25 448 Records Found

Burton Library, Meadowside Drive, Burton-upon-Trent

Burton Library was opened in 1977 and occupies the site of a Bass malthouse. it replaced the free library opened by Burton corporation in 1892 which stood on Union Street. This Image is from a collection ...

Burton Library, Union Street, Burton-upon-Trent

A lender passing a book to a librarian in Burton Library. In 1876 the Mechanics’ Institute and the Burton Literary Society were amalgamated as the Burton Institute. This moved to new premises in Union ...

Burton Library, Union Street, Burton-upon-Trent

Boys and girls in the junior section of Burton Library. In 1876 the Mechanics’ Institute and the Burton Literary Society were amalgamated as the Burton Institute. This moved to new premises in Union ...

Burton Library, Union Street, Burton-upon-Trent

Boys pictured in the Junior section of Burton Library on Union Street during Boys and Girls Book Week, 7 - 12 November 1932. In 1876 the Mechanics’ Institute and the Burton Literary Society were amalgamated ...

Burton Museum, Burton-upon-Trent

In 1915 Burton corporation opened a municipal museum and art gallery in a building designed by Henry Beck of Burton on the site of the former police station at the corner of Station Street and Guild Street. ...

Burton Museum, Burton-upon-Trent

The former Burton Museum building on the corner of Station Street and Guild Street. The ground floor is now (December 2019) occupied by Veneziaa Italian restaurant, which opened in 2012. In 1915 Burton ...

Burton upon Trent Boat Club

Lantern slide view of the River Trent with the Boat house of Burton upon Trent Boat Club in the background. Copyright: Burton Library

Cannock Advertiser Centenary Exhibition, Cannock Library

The Cannock Advertiser Centenary Exhibition at Cannock Library. With display case containing the first edition of the Cannock Advertiser are (left to right): D.C. Coggin (Editorial Director), Miles Withington ...

Capitol Cinema, Goodson Street, Hanley.

Originally the Royal Alexandra Music Hall, then the Kings Palace Theatre, later Moore and Kennedy's Picture Hall, the Capitol Cinema stood in Goodson Street (formerly New Street) in Hanley. Built in 1892 ...

Caretaker of the Sutherland Institute, Longton

Portrait of Mr T. Dawes, caretaker of the Sutherland Institute in Longton for many years. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke ...

Catholic Procession, Stafford,

The Catholic Procession was organised by the parishes of St. Austin's and St. Patrick's. The route was from St. Patrick's Church in the north of Stafford to St. Joseph's Convent on Lichfield Road, ...

Cathy Gibson at the King Edward VII Swimming Baths, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Mayor and Mayoress Knowles welcoming Cathy Gibson, the Olympic swimmer, who was using the swimming baths for training. Also pictured is Harry Roskie and some of the swimming bath staff. The swimming ...

Cawdry Buildings, Leek

View of the bottom of Derby Street (Sparrow Park), with the public baths on the left. In the centre is the public weighbridge, with St. Luke's Church, the Bethesda Schools and Brough's Mill in the background. ...

Central Hall, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

The Easter celebration decorations at Central Hall, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (1)

In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory by Sir David Wilson, then Director of the British Museum in London. In addition to the more conventional display cases, ...

Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (2)

In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory by Sir David Wilson, then Director of the British Museum in London. This is a partial reconstruction of the Wedgwood ...

Chamberlain Avenue from London Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A view west along Chamberlain Avenue from its junction with London Road, Boothen. The tree-lined road climbs steeply up to Hunters Way. The houses on the left beyond the Assembly Hall were built between ...

Choral and Orchestral Festival, Stafford

Pictured are some of the 700 children from schools around Staffordshire, who took part in the annual choral and orchestral festival arranged by Staffordshire Education Committee held at the Borough Hall ...