Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 11 184 Records Found

Main Street, Shenstone

On the reverse of this postcard there is a message from the sender: “Our Village Street”. The view looks south along the Main Street from near the junction with Pinfold Hill in Shenstone. In later years ...

Main Street, Shenstone

This postcard view shows a quiet scene on the Main Street looking north towards the junction with Pinfold Hill in Shenstone. On the left most of the buildings remain (July 2020). In the centre is the ...

Market Place, Brewood

A postcard view of Market Place showing the Lion Hotel, which stands at the junction with Stafford Street. The building next to it was the Post Office at the time of this photograph, the proprietor of ...

Market Street, Penkridge

Looking along Market Street towards Crown Bridge. On the left is the sign for the Horse and Jockey public house. On the right hand side is a Fish and Chip Shop and E.J. and J.E. Fowler's newsagents. ...

Market Street, Penkridge

Looking along Market Street towards Crown Bridge. At the far end of the street, on the left, can be seen the sign for the Horse and Jockey public house. Beyond is Penkridge Post Office. Postcard ...

Market Street, Penkridge

This postcard view looks along Market Street towards Crown Bridge. At the far end of the street, on the left, can be seen the sign for the Horse and Jockey public house and beyond is the former Post Office. ...

Market Street, Penkridge

Looking along Market Street towards Crown Bridge. On the far left is the Horse and Jockey public house. At the far end of the street can bee seen Penkridge Post Office on Crown Bridge. A colour-tinted ...

Meerbrook Post Office. Photographed by William Blake.

Village view taken at Meerbrook, Nr. Leek, Staffordshire. This view includes a group of children and the village post office.

Mercer's Saddlers Shop, Stafford,

Mercer's shop on the corner of Bridge Street and Mill Bank, established in 1910. In 1928 the council purchased Mercer's, along with various other buildings between the shop and the Coach and Horses ...

Midland Red Bus in Stafford

This photograph of a Midland Red Bus destined for Doxey was taken in 1983 by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. In the background is the Stafford Post Office at Chetwynd House in Greengate Street, Stafford. ...

Miss Carol West, Stone Telephone Exchange

Miss Carol West is pictured at the GPO (General Post Office) Telephone Exchange in Stone where she worked as a telephonist. The exchange was located above the Post Office in Granville Square. The Stone ...

Municipal Hall, Ironmarket, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Painted in 1965 by Jack Clarkson this picture shows the magnificent Municipal Hall in Newcastle-under-Lyme. Demolished in 1967 the Hall was replaced by Newcastle library. To the left of the painting the ...

New Hall and Post Office, High Green, Cannock

The old post office dated from 1908. To its left is New Hall (built 1890). This building was once a Sunday School, followed by a gymnasium and in later years a working men's club known locally as Skinners, ...

New Post Office, Leek Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Sited on the corner of Leek Road and Station Road in Stoke, this is the city's main letter and parcel sorting office. The New Post Office in Leek Road replaced the "new" Post Office, built 1930, in Station ...

Normacot Post Office, Longton

G. Colley's shop, Normacot Post Office at 75 Upper Normacot Road.

Old Hednesford Post Office

Alan and Joy Barker went into business running the Old Post Office in 'Old Hednesford' from around 1954 until around 1960 when they sold up to move to a business in Surrey. The Old Post Office was ...

Old Post Office with staff standing outside, Bird Street, Lichfield

The Post Office was opened on Bird Street in 1905 and closed in 1968 when it moved to its present location in Bakers Lane.

Opening of Blythe Bridge Post Office, Blythe Bridge

Reverend E. Clift is on the far left at the very front. Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical Society, who retain copyright ownership.