Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 10 167 Records Found

Fountain Place Pottery, Westport Road, Burslem

The camera is looking down Westport road from Fountain Place in Burslem. On the left, Alcock's cycle and television shop used to be the corner frontage to Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery works. To ...

Fountain Square, Hanley

The camera is looking across Fountain Square towards Tontine square with Tontine Street in the distance. The area is now pedestrianized, so has lost the roundabout, traffic and array of road signs. The ...

Frederick H. Burgess Limited and Walter Danks, The Green, Stafford

In 1974 this shop with offices above belonged to Frederick H. Burgess, Agricultural Engineers and Ironmongers, at The Green in Stafford. Following the construction of additional ground floor retail space ...

GEC Power Engineering Ltd. Stafford

The Instrumentation and Measurement Laboratory at GEC's Lichfield Road Site, Stafford. Left to right: George Maddick, Bill (unknown), Ross Lowry, Bill Fox (in the corner), Graham Guy, Derek Taylor ...

GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pictured in GEC’s Main Office building is the leaving presentation for Mr Chris Foxhall (centre in the dark suit, holding an envelope), the Department Head of the Medical Department on the Lichfield Road ...

GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Clerks and typists are pictured using electric typewriters in the Administration Office of the Main Printing and Reprographic Department on the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. The door on the left of ...

GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford

The Standards Room and Calibration Department, where measuring instruments and equipment were checked on a regular basis and compared with a standard for their accuracy. The process may include making ...

George Horn Auctioneers, Stafford,

George Horne Auctioneers at 16 Salter Street. George is pictured with his brother Sidney, a well known local historian.

George Street, Burton-on-Trent

The corner of George Street and Guild Street prior to the demolition and the building of the Liberal Club and the UMFC schools.

Gladstone China Office. Bert and George Proctor.

Photograph of Bernard, known as Bert(seated), and George Proctor, his son. The Proctor family had owned the Gladstone China site since the 1870s, trading as George Proctor and Company from 1892. Taken ...

Greengate Street, Stafford

A colour-tinted view looking along Greengate Street towards Market Square. On the left are the Staffordshire Advertiser Offices. The newspaper was founded in 1795 and moved to these premises in 1860. ...

Greengate Street, Stafford,

On the left are the Staffordshire Advertiser Offices. The newspaper was founded in 1795 and moved to these premises in 1860. Next door is the Gothic-style building of the District Bank, demolished in ...

Greyfriars House, Greyfriars, Stafford

Pictured is Greyfriars House at Greyfriars in Stafford. For many years this was the Unemployment Benefit Office which later formed part of the Jobcentreplus building. This photograph was taken by Stafford ...

Grindley's Woodland Pottery, Tunstall

W H Grindley's Woodland Pottery in Lower Woodland Street. The photograph was taken from Lambert Street (known as Garden Street until the 1950s). In the 1990's the area was redeveloped, the pottery was ...

Grove Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking eastwards along Grove Road from the old entrance to Kemball/Stafford Colliery. On the right are the offices of the Midlands Electricity Board and beyond, Heron Cross ...

H.J. Bostock, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

Seated is Henry John Bostock (1870-1956), former Chairman and Managing Director of shoe manufacturers Lotus Ltd., pictured at Lotus Ltd.'s factory on Sandon Road, Stafford. This is probably a group of ...

Hanley Museum and Art Gallery, Pall Mall, Hanley.

Happy Days Coaches, Stafford

In the centre of this photograph Mr W H Austin is pictured with his staff outside the Happy Days Coaches booking office on the corner of Derby Street and Railway Street in Stafford. The Happy Days ...