Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Monuments, Statues & Follies
Page 4 of 33 582 Records Found

Bowling Alley Screen, Chillington Hall,

The screen was built in about 1724 and restored in 1911.

Brass plate in Biddulph Church - William Bowyer of Knipersley : pen and wash drawing

Situated at the east end of the chancel. Brass plate showing ten sons and seven daughters kneeling before a desk. With inscription. Anon. [J. R. Fernyhough.]

Brereton War Memorial

View of Brereton War Memorial, located by the main road into Rugeley. The memorial takes the form of a rough stone cross with truncated arms, upon which is carved a downward-pointing sword. Names of the ...

Burton Cooper Statue, Burton Upon Trent

The Burton Cooper statue seen here at its current location in Cooper's Square shopping centre, Burton-upon-Trent. This bronze statue was created by James Butler RA in 1977. He researched the sculpture ...

Burton-upon-Trent - Gravestone in 'Old' Churchyard: sepia drawing

The remains of a grave-stone in the old churchyard, showing the top part of the stem of a floriated cross. Artist: 'J. B.,' [John Buckler]

Burton-upon-Trent - Stone coffin in Old Churchyard: sepia drawing

Remains of a stone coffin in the old church-yard. Shows the place for the head and shoulders only. Used as a seat under a tree by the river. Artist: 'J. B.,' [John Buckler].

Cable Car, Alton Towers

The Cable Cars were introduced to Alton Towers in 1963 and originally consisted of 14 cars for four passengers, built by British Ropeway Engineering. It closed in 1986. The gardens at Alton Towers ...

Cannock War Memorial

Positioned in front of Cannock's town centre 1902 bandstand, the war memorial was dedicated on May 22nd 1923 and formally handed over the the Town Council the following June. It was originally intended ...

Cannon in Stubbs Walk, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Children are here seen playing on the historic Crimean War cannon which was presented to the Borough of Newcastle by Samuel Christy MP. The cannon was moved from its pictured location opposite the Orme ...

Canterbury Cathedral - Archbishop Langton's tomb chest: copper-plate engraving

Showing Archbishop Stephen Langton's tomb chest, Canterbury Cathedral partially hidden in a recess. Inscribed 'To the Right Reverend Father in GOD D. Edward Chandler, Lord Bishop of Litchfield (sic) ...

Cat's Monument, Shugborough Park,

The Cat's Monument, c.1750, is situated on the island. It was probably designed by Thomas Wright of Durham (1711-1786), who also worked on the Ruin. There are two theories behind the purpose of the ...

Cawdry Buildings, Leek

View of the bottom of Derby Street (Sparrow Park), with the public baths on the left. In the centre is the public weighbridge, with St. Luke's Church, the Bethesda Schools and Brough's Mill in the background. ...

Cheshire Cottage and Egyptian Court, Biddulph Grange Gardens

This is a plan of the Egyptian Court and Cheshire Cottage at Biddulph Grange Gardens. These buildings were created as an integral part of the gardens by James Bateman who set up the gardens in the mid ...

Children's Cottage, Trentham Gardens

Sadly the former Children's Cottage was vandalised in the 1990s and stood sad and forlorn before being rescued. It now stands at the rear of the present Garden Centre at Trentham. The Children's Cottage, ...

Children's Cottage, Trentham Gardens

Sadly the former Children's Cottage was vandalised in the 1990s and stood sad and forlorn before being rescued. It now stands at the rear of the present Garden Centre at Trentham. Children's Cottage, ...

Children's Cottage, Trentham Gardens

Children's Cottage,originally designed by Charles Barry in the 1840s. It was altered by the Duke of Sutherland's architect, Thomas Roberts, in the 1890s. The building was used by the Duke's children, ...

Chillington , Giffard's Cross

Chillington Hall

The south front of Chillington Hall and sundial. The hall was designed by Francis Smith of Warwick for Peter Giffard in 1724. The Giffard family purchased the Chillington Estate in 1178, and have ...