Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 12 208 Records Found

Hawthornden Manor Lodge, Bramshall Road, Uttoxeter

A view of the lodge at the entrance to Hawthornden Manor, built for Samuel Brassington Bamford (1845-1932) after his marriage to Dorothy Hawthorn in 1875. It was converted into flats by 1978 and is now ...

Hawthornden Manor Lodge, Bramshall Road, Uttoxeter

Hawthornden Manor was once the home of Samuel Brassington Bamford. Since its conversion into flats, the building has become known as Hawthornden Manor Mews.

Hayes Lodge, Stone

A postcard view of Hayes Lodge on Longton Road, Stone. Published by A.W. Tilley, newsagent and stationers, 7 Radford Street, Stone.

Hayes Lodge, Stone

Himley Hall Lodges

The entrance Lodges to Himley Hall. The Himley Estate belonged to the Ward family of Dudley Castle since the 17th century. The earliest part of the present hall, the west front, was built in about ...

Holloway Lodge, Tamworth Castle

Holloway Lodge seen as it was originally built by the 2nd Marquess of Townshend in 1810, as a single storey building. When the Borough Council purchased the building they added another floor and the battlemented ...

Hopwas Hayes: water colour painting

'Five Original Drawings by Spyers for Lord Donnegal. (One, THE NORTH VIEW of HOPWAS HAYES LODGE, 1786, in Staffordshire.) The other four of Buckley Lodge in Needwood Forest in Different Aspects.' Showing ...

Hunt Meet, Milford,

The Meynall Hunt assembled outside the Stafford Lodges on the main gates at Shugborough Hall. Pictured from left to right are Lady Celia Anson, Mr Robert Courtney (gamekeeper at Shugborough), Mr Roberts ...

Keeper’s Lodge, Teddesley Park

This unused postcard stating “A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year” has a view of Keeper’s Lodge in Teddesley Park. The Italianate style Lodge is Grade II Listed, it dates from around 1844 and is built ...

Lichfield - Ancient West Gate of The Close: engraving

'The Ancient West Gate of Lichfield Close,' showing a ruin down to about five courses above the arch.'C. Pye sculp., [engraved]; Publ. by Cadel and Davis, Dec. 2, 1805.'

Lichfield Lodge Houses, Shugborough

These lodge houses were designed by the architect Samuel Wyatt and built in 1803-5. In 1845 they were moved to make way for the Stafford-Rugeley railway line. This view was taken from inside the ...

Lichfield Lodge Houses, Shugborough Estate,

The Lichfield lodge houses were built between 1803 and 1805. The architect was Samuel Wyatt, whose other work at Shugborough includes the Park Farm and the portico of Shugborough Hall. In the 1845 ...

Lichfield Lodges, Shugborough

These lodge houses were designed by the architect Samuel Wyatt and built in 1803-5. In 1845 they were moved to make way for the Stafford-Rugeley railway line. This aerial view was taken from a balloon. ...

Little Haywood Lodge

Little Haywood Lodge stands at the entrance to the drive from Little Haywood to Shugborough Hall. This was the route the Anson family took when attending Colwich Church. The Lodge was built around ...

Lodge at Armitage: pen drawing

'The Lodge entrance to Armitage Park from the top of Brereton Hill.''John Allport del.,' [drawn].

Lodge House, Aqualate Hall,

One of the two Gothic style lodge-houses belonging to Aqualate Hall. The original Aqualate Hall was built for Edwin Skrymsher in the early seventeenth century. Sir John Boughey bought the house in ...

Lodge House, Green Hall, Stafford,

Green Hall lodge house, now demolished. Built on Lichfield Road in the 1820s for Charles Webb, a solicitor, Green Hall was originally named Forebridge Hall. Today the building houses the County ...

Lodge House, Highfield Manor, Stafford,

Highfield Manor was built in 1880 by David Hollin, a boot and shoe manufacturer. The gardens were influenced by those at Versailles, and Mr Hollins employed three gardeners. In 1900 Mr Hollin commissioned ...