Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 4 of 112 2000 Records Found

Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery, Tunstall

Alfred Meakin's Victoria Pottery on the right looking up Bank Street. Meakin's took over an existing pottery in 1873 and expanded the factory in 1885. The site is now housing

Allerton’s Pottery, Uttoxeter Rd, Longton

Allerton’s Pottery was founded in 1859 and was part of the Cauldon Pottery Group from 1912. The pottery closed in 1942. Pictured is the Cup Making Shop with Ethel Ibbs at the front of the top photograph ...

Alley off Hope Street, Hanley

This is an alley running off Hope Street in Hanley leading to the New Hall Pottery works. This alleyway is marked on the 1880 O.S. map. and the surrounding housing and works buildings are earlier. The ...

Alleyway leading to Market Street, Longton

The Heathcote Hotel is visible at the far end of the alley.

Allsopp's Cooperage, Burton-on-Trent.

The cooperage buildings and yard crowded with casks. On the line to the right stands Allsopp's Steam Loco No.5. The loco was built in 1876 and was cabless.

Alma Works Demolition, Longton

Pottery factory in the process of being demolished. Taken at the Alma Works, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph ...

Alstom, Hixon, Stafford

Employees, engineers and managers are pictured with the Mayor of Stafford, Councillor Harry Brunt in the Test Laboratory at the Hixon site on New Road, Hixon. The Mayor was there to officially open newly ...

Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pupils from Silkmore Primary School, Stafford are pictured in front of a Goliath tractor at the Queensville area of the Lichfield Road site in Stafford. During the visit to the site they toured the Power ...

Alstom, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pictured in the Queensville area of the Lichfield Road site in Stafford is one of a pair of Faun Goliath tractors. These huge tractors were used along with girder beam trailers to move large and heavy ...

Alton Mill

A watermill on this site is recorded in mid 16th century documents. Thomas Patten & Co. began manufacturing brass wire and pins here in 1734. From 1828 it operated as either a flint, colour or paper ...

Alabaster Works, Weston

The stonemasons are working on war memorials and caskets. From left to right are Jack Gilbert, Tommy Ingleden, John Baker (foreman), William Smith and Mr Bland (manager).

Albert Street Pottery, Hobson Street, Burslem.

The camera is looking northwards along Hobson Street in Burslem. The works on the right (Albert Potteries) is now part of the Dudson Group, manufacturing Armorlite tableware. Hobson Street was originally ...

Albion Brewery, from Shobnall Road, Burton-on-Trent

The brewery was built in 1875 by Mann Crossman and Paulin, and was used by them until 1896. In 1902 the brewery was sold to J. Marston, Thompson & Co. Ltd., before it was voluntarily liquidated in March ...

Albion Street and Normacot Road, Longton

Albion Street was renamed Morpeth Street in the 1950s.

Albion Street Mill, Leek

Built c1829, the mills along Albion Street are three storey buildings with sixteen bays. Prior to the construction of the mills, workers' cottages were built in both Albion and King Street to accommodate ...

Ale Stores, Joule's Brewery, Stone

The ale stores on Newcastle Street were the beer matured prior to delivery. The whole area was temperature controlled. Francis Joule came into possession of the White House Inn and brewhouse at Stone ...

Alexandra Mill, Wardle Street, Tunstall

The Alexandra Mill was a flint and stone mill linked to Johnson Brothers (Hanley) Alexandra Pottery. This is the entrance at the bottom of Wardle Street formerly Meadow Street. Behind the mill were sidings ...

Alfred Meakins pottery factory, Hollywall Lane, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Alfred Meakins opened their factory off Hollywall Lane in 1957. The site was originally part of the Williamson estate which was sold off in the 1950s of which Meakins purchased 150 acres. Robert Williamson ...