Theme Explorer

Start Again > Sport, Arts & Leisure > Libraries & Archives
Page 4 of 5 75 Records Found

Stafford - Old Bank in Market Square: sepia drawing

'Bank at Stafford.' Showing the old bank in Stafford, and the houses adjoining at the corner of Market Square. [Also showing the passage way to the former William Salt Library, 1893.] Artist: 'J. B.,' ...

Stafford Library and Museum

Librarian Freda Newcombe pictured in a corner of the first floor Reference Room in Stafford Library and Museum at The Green. The Reference Room also featured some of the Stafford Museum collections, ...

Stafford Library, Staffordshire Place 1, Stafford

View of Stafford Library occupying the ground floor of the 'Staffordshire Place 1' building in the local County Council office complex at Staffordshire Place, off Tipping Street. Stafford's main library ...

Stafford Library, The Green, Stafford

An interior view of the ground floor of Stafford Library at the Green. This library building on was built in 1913, with funds from the Carnegie Trust. The building also housed the Wragge Museum, later ...

Stocks, Stafford Library and Museum

Mr Shale, porter, and Miss J. Worthington, a member of staff at Stafford Library and Museum sitting in the old town stocks for a press photograph. The stocks formerly stood in the Market Square in Stafford ...

The Boulevard,Tunstall

The camera is looking east along The Boulevard (formerly Station Road) from just opposite the Memorial Gardens and Tunstall Library is the large building on the right. Greengates Street is off to the ...

The County Library and Record Library, Friars Terrace, Stafford

The former Staffordshire County Library and Record (music) Library building in Friars Terrace, Stafford is pictured prior to demolition to be replaced by a housing development. The building was officially ...

The Library, Blythe Bridge

The library was built c1964, and like the police houses, police station and the high school, it stands on the site of the old Blythe House. Blythe House was built in 1853 for Charles Harvey and his ...

The Library, Hawkesyard Priory and College, Rugeley

The Library at Hawkesyard Priory was built in 1901-1902 and formed part of the Church and College buildings. In later years ownership of the site changed and the College buildings became Hawkesyard Priory ...

The old library and museum buildings in Pall Mall, Hanley

A view down Pall Mall towards the Piccadilly crossroads with the old library, art gallery and museum on the left. Closest to the camera is the original City Library which itself was originally a school ...

The works of Virgil translated into English Blank verse with large explanatory notes & critical observations by Joseph Trapp

Joseph Trapp was an English Clergyman, academic, poet and pamphleteer; his achievements led him to be the first Professor of Poetry at Oxford University. His book is his most remembered work and is stated ...

Thomas Jackson, Public Library, Stafford

Thomas Jackson with outside the entrance to the Free Public Library on the ground floor of the Borough Hall, Eastgate Street, Stafford. He was Librarian and Curator between 1892 and 1927. Stafford's ...

Thomas Jackson, Stafford Library and Museum

Thomas Jackson with Museum displays in the Lecture Room. He was Librarian and Curator between 1892 and 1927. This room, on the Bailey Street side of the building, was later the Children's Library. ...

Townswomen's Guild, Stafford

This picture shows the Vice-Chairman of the Stafford Central Townswomen’s Guild, Mrs C D Lingwood (left), as she chats with members of a panel who discussed the subject “Theatre versus Cinema”, at the ...

View of Corporation Street, Tamworth

On the left can be seen the Cemetary and railings of the Carnegie Library. The Assembly Rooms are directly ahead, and the Drill Hall is on the right hand side. The Assembly rooms were built by a public ...

View of Kinver Library, High Street, Kinver

The library can be seen here in the background. This was built as the National School for boys and girls in 1851. When new schools were eventually built, it became the village library.

Wedgwood Institute, Queen Street, Burslem

The Wedgwood Memorial Institute in Queen Street, Burslem, is an example of a Grade II Listed Building. It was constructed between 1863 and 1869. The street front of the building has elaborate decoration, ...

Whist Drive Invitation, Longton

Souvenir ticket for a "Whist Drive & Social" evening taking place at Longton Library on December 17th 1908. The whist drive was either for Longton Labour Church or the Social Democratic Foundation, organisations ...