Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 34 596 Records Found

Boarding School, Wheaton Aston

Boxing match, Denstone College

Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed by William Slater and R.C. Carpenter in a Gothic style. The Chapel was built in 1879-87 and the ...

Boy's Library, Denstone College

The Boy's Library opened in 1881. In 1899 new oak bookcases were installed and the contents organised by Mr A. A. Armstrong, the Librarian. Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as ...

Boys' School, Leigh

The Parochial School for Boys in Church Leigh was designed by G.E. Street and opened in 1857. It is Grade II listed and is now Leigh Village Hall. Photograph by Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter....

Bradley Primary School, Bradley

Built around 1887 as Bradley Endowed School, it later became Bradley CE (CC) Primary School. The school closed in 1988 and the building is now used as the Village Hall.

Brakespeare Street chapel and infants' school, Goldenhill

A Roman Catholic school-chapel was built in Brakespeare Street, then called John Street, in1871, with extensions in the 1880s. Garbett Street (then called Church Street) is at the far end. The building ...

Brewery Street, Hanley

Looking along Brewery Street towards the junction with Bryan Street. Beyond is the site of the old Port Vale football ground, a car park by the time this photograph was taken. The building on the right ...

Brewood Grammar School, Brewood

The School possibly dates back to the mid 15th century, having been founded by the Bishop of Lichfield. It was certainly refounded in around 1560 by Sir John Giffard, his son Thomas, and Dr Matthew Knightley. ...

Brewood Grammar School: aquatint engraving

Shows the school-house and play-ground to the west of the church. Also shows boys playing marbles, etc. in the playground. There is a substantial house on the left, the church is in the middle distance.Inscribed ...

Brewood Grammar School: coloured pen drawing

Shows the school house to the right of the picture and the church in the middle. The school house has curved coping on the front.(For similar view see SV II.137.)Anonymous. [?R. Paddy]

Brewood Grammar School: sepia drawing

View of the school from the drive. Shows a Georgian building, plastered, with a central block and wings.Anonymous, [J. Buckler.]

British Telecom Technical College, Yarnfield

An aerial view of the British Telecom Technical College at Yarnfield, near Stone, looking north-west. The General Post Office Engineering Department Central Training School opened in Yarnfield in 1946. ...

Brook End, Fazeley, Lichfield

The school building, which was opened in 1862, can be seen on the right. The boy on the far right of the photograph is believed to be Mr Leslie Sidwells, aged eleven.

Broom Street Nursery School, Hanley

The school was designed of Queen Anne style by architect William Keates. It was built in 1879 to accomodate 750 children and cost £6,953 to construct.

Broom Street School, Hanley. Circa 1950

A boys PE lesson at Broom Street School. Exercise and play areas were small, the girls and infants being given even less space than the boys.

Broom Street, Hanley

Broom Street runs east off Old Town Road in Hanley. On the corner is Safin House, occupied in 1963 by S Finney & Sons, Wholesale Warehousemen. H & E Smith's tile factory still stands, although no longer ...

Brownhills High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the main buildings and playing fields of Brownhills High School. This site is now the Co-operative Academy of Stoke on Trent, with new school buildings. The School was originally ...

Bucknall County Secondary and Infants School

Bucknall Secondary Modern School was on Malthouse Lane. Formed during the reorganisation of city schools after 1932, it included buildings from the old Bucknall County Infants' School. In this photograph, ...