Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 4 of 10 176 Records Found

Great Haywood Memorial Hall

The Memorial Hall was built in 1922, on land donated by Lord Lichfield, as a memorial to men from the village who fell in World War 1. The Hall is decorated to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of King George ...

Great Haywood Memorial Hall by night

Great Haywood Memorial Hall decorated for the 1935 Silver Jubilee of King George V and Queen Mary. The hall was built in 1922, on land donated by Lord Lichfield, as a memorial to men from the village ...

Great Haywood War Memorial Hall

Community hall erected in Great Haywood to commemorate the local men who served and fell in World War 1. The dates of the conflict - given as 1914-1919 (the date of the final peace treaty) - are inscribed ...

Guildhall, High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A view of the rear of the Guildhall, looking down the High Street. The Guildhall was built in 1713 and has undergone a number of changes. Originally the ground floor was open and was used for markets, ...

Hanford Institute and Library, Wilson Road, Hanford

Hanford Institute and Library was on the south side of Wilson Road nearly opposite the junction with Niall Road. The library was built in 1955. To the left, the off licence, is now a private house and ...

Hartshill Institute, Hartshill Road, Stoke

This plan is of the Hartshill Institute. An article in The Staffordshire Sentinel and Midlands Counties Advertiser of Saturday, January 15, 1859 reports on the official opening of the building. Its ...

Harvest Supper, Salt

Pictured are some of the large crowd of villagers who attended the traditional Harvest Supper at Salt on Friday 25 October. In the centre is the Vicar, the Rev. W L Warrington. If you recognise anyone ...

Harvest Supper, Sandon

Harvest Supper held in the Village Club, Sandon. Standing to the right is Rev. Greenup. Lord Harrowby is seated at the right hand table, wearing glasses, and Lady Harrowby is opposite him. Also in ...

Hawthorne Road, Wheaton Aston

A view looking south along Hawthorne Road towards the Primitive Methodist chapel on the Square in the distance, which was built in 1832 and demolished in 1977. On the right is Wheaton Aston Institute ...

High Offley Institute

A postcard view published by E.J. Hurlstone of Eccleshall.

High Street, Biddulph

The western side of Biddulph High Street looking from its junction with King Street. The District Bank is on the extreme right behind railings. The building on the near side of the left junction with ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The tram lines visible in the centre of this photograph give the date of pre 1928, when the trams were removed from Newcastle. On the far right hand side can be seen the shop of W. Parton, a professional ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This is a very interesting view of the High Street as it is much changed today. The Police station is the white building to the right of the Guildhall. This station opened in 1834, for Newcastle's first ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

View of High Street looking towards Penkhull Street with the Guildhall to the right. At the time of this photograph these buildings were located on what was then known as Penkhull Street, before the whole ...

High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The tall building on the left hand side of this photograph was the original covered Market Hall. The Hall was built in 1854, in order to supplement the portable street markets that took place outside, ...

Hilderstone Village Hall,

Funds to construct a village hall at Hilderstone were raised by Stone and District Farmers' and Traders' Red Cross Committee through whist drives, dances, concerts and sales, along with a number of donations ...

Hixon Christmas Bazaar

Miss Gwen Berryman (Doris Archer of the BBC radio serial “the Archers”), opened the Hixon Bazaar on the afternoon of Saturday 7 December. In this photograph she is signing autographs for three young women ...

Horse Chestnut Tree, Meredith Street, Lichfield

The old Horse Chestnut Tree can be seen here, which used to stand in the rear yard of Meredith House school. The tree was pulled down in 2002, to make way for the Garrick Theatre. The T.A. Drill Hall ...