Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 7 119 Records Found

Market Square, Rugeley

A view of the Market Square looking towards Lower Brook Street in Rugeley. In later years this area became pedestrianised. Some of the buildings in this scene remain, on the left is the National Provincial ...

Market Square, Rugeley

A postcard view taken in Market Square looking towards Lower Brook Street in Rugeley. In later years this area became pedestrianised, however, most of the buildings in this scene remain (May 2018). The ...

Market Square, Stafford

Postcard published by Wyndham & Co., Acton, Middlesex. Postmarked 22 July 1904.

Market Square, Stafford

Stafford had held a weekly market since the Middle Ages. In 1853 a covered market opened behind the new Guildhall, but some stalls continued to trade from the Market Square. On the right is the Shire ...

Market Square, Stafford

Stafford had held a weekly market since the Middle Ages. In 1853 a covered market opened behind the new Guildhall, but some stalls continued to trade from the Market Square. On the right is the Shire ...

Market Square, Stafford

Postcard postmarked 22 August 1928.

Market Square, Stafford

There has been a shire building in Stafford since the 1280s, used as a meeting place for the County Court and later for other civic meetings. The present building, designed by John Harvey and erected ...

Market Square, Stafford

A view of the Market Square taken from the end of Greengate Street. On the right is the building built as Brookfield's department store in the 1880s. Brookfield's closed in 1909 and the building was ...

Market Square, Stafford

There has been a Shire building in Stafford since the 1280s, used as a meeting place for the County Court and later for other civic meetings. The present building, designed by John Harvey and erected ...

Market Square, Stafford

The flower gardens and bus stop in the Market Square, Stafford.

Market Square, Stafford

A view of Market Square looking towards Greengate Street taken after the demolition of the fountain in 1934 and the creation of flower beds in 1953. Postcard published by Valentine & Sons Ltd., Dundee ...

Market Square, Stafford,

Stafford had held a weekly market since the Middle Ages. In 1853 a covered market opened behind the new Guildhall, but some stalls continued to trade from the Market Square. In 1927 the Borough Council ...

Market Square, Stafford,

View of Market Square looking towards Bank Passage. Mummery's jewellers shop is on the left, the National Provincial Bank (now Pizza Express) in the centre.

Market Square, Stafford,

The building with the balcony is the Guildhall, designed by Charles Trubshaw and built in 1853. It housed the Borough Council, the courts and on the ground floor was a police station. The entrance to ...

Market Square, Stafford,

To the left is the Jubilee Fountain, erected in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. It was demolished in 1934.

Market Square, Uttoxeter

View of Market Square on Market Day, taken from the first floor of a building near to the Old Talbot. The Kiosk is in the foreground, with market stalls all down the right-hand side of the square. Various ...

Midland Bank building, Kingsway, Stoke-upon-Trent

This branch of the Midland Bank stood at the corner of Kingsway and Church Street in Stoke on trent. One of the "Big Four" banks, the Midland became part of HSBC in the 1990s. The building is no longer ...

Midland Bank, Market Street, Tamworth

The Midland Bank was built in 1978 and replaced two demolished shops at 9 and 10 Market Street, Tamworth. It later became HSBC bank. Number 9 had been Johnson & Allsopp printers, while number 10 was ...