Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Churchyards & Cemeteries
Page 4 of 19 340 Records Found

Castle Church, Stafford,

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...

Castle Church, Stafford, (1)

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...

Castle Church, Stafford, (2)

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...

Castle Church, Stafford, (2)

Castle Church is dedicated to St. Mary and dates from the Norman period; it was connected to the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Stafford until 1547. The tower was rebuilt in the fifteenth century; ...

Caverswall Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior with a view of Caverswall Church, Caverswall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Cemetery gates on Stapenhill Road, Burton-on-Trent

Framed postcard showing the cemetery gates on Stapenhill Road with a tram just approaching, bound for Stapenhill.

Cemetery super-intendent, Glascote road cemetery , Tamworth

A photograph of Walter Henry Chaplin, super-intendent of the cemetery on Glascote road.

Ceremony to dedicate churchyard extensions, St. Nicholas' Church, Fulford

Included in the procession (from left to right) are ?, Bishop of Lichfield, Percy Forster, Reverend Arthur E. Smith and Mr Ernest Jenkinson. The churchyard extension was given by the Wildblood family. Photograph ...

Charles Pye's grave, Baswich Churchyard

The grave of Charles Pye (1853-1929)in the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church, Baswich. Charley Pye was a well-known figure in Milford, and was for many years landlord of the Barley Mow. This view ...

Cheddleton Church

The Church of St. Edward was extensively restored by George Gilbert Scott Junior in 1863-4. It still retains many medieval features, including the Early English north arcade, the Perpendicular south ...

Cheslyn Hay Cemetery

a postcard of the Cheslyn Hay Cemetery and Mortuary Chapel. The chapel was destroyed by fire on 17th August 1988. It was located inside the main gates, on the right hand side of the path.

Christ Church and the Rev. E. Fennie, Hilderstone,

Photograph taken from a calendar. Every year the Rev. Fennie (Vicar of Hilderstone 1950 - 1959) sent members of his parish a calendar featuring a photograph of himself. He joked that if they did not ...

Christ Church, Knightley,

Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the foundation stone was laid by the Countess of Lichfield. The chancel extension, vestry and ...

Christ Church, Needwood

Post card view of Christ Church, Needwood. Christ Church was built in 1809. Later alterations took place in 1880. The church is now a private dwelling.

Christ Church, Stone,

Christ Church on Radford Street. Christ Church was consecrated in 1840. In 1899 the two steeples at the front of the church were removed when they were found to be unsafe. The facade was rebuilt ...

Christening at St Edward's Church, Cheddleton

The child being christened is Ian Cartwright.

Church of the Holy Angels, Hoar Cross

The church was built between 1872-1876 in the Decorated style. The architect, G.F. Bodley, was also responsible for most of the furnishings including the reredoses, screens, front cover and marble flooring. ...

Church of the Resurrection, Dresden, Longton

The Church of the Resurrection was built on land given by the Duke of Sutherland in 1853, to designs by George Gilbert Scott. It stands on red Bank in Dresden, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. It was extended ...