Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 8 127 Records Found

Hudson's Chemists Shop, Eccleshall,

Hudson's shop in High Street, decorated for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. The building is still a chemist's shop today. The owner, Frank Hudson, was also a photographer.

Jim Doughty, The Croft, Seighford

Jim Doughty (married to Vera Doughty) is pictured with Pip the cat outside a building known as the Croft (sometimes known as the Craft) which in later years was demolished and replaced with housing on ...

Keele Estate Workers with Colonel Ralph Sneyd

Outdoor and indoor staff at the Keele Estate pictured with Colonel Ralph Sneyd (1863-1949). Keele Hall can be seen in the background. Colonel Sneyd is standing centre wearing a hat. The woman standing ...

Key's Stores, Ashley

The proprietors and staff outside Harry Key's bakers, confectioners store and Post Office, on the corner of Sovereign Lane and Church road, Ashley. The shop had previously belonged to the Wain family....

Ladies Branch of the Stafford Athletic Club,

An entry from the Stafford Directory for 1904 states that the Ladies Branch of the Stafford Athletics Club met in the Assembly Rooms of the Shire Hall on Tuesday evenings for 'instruction in gymnastic ...

Lady reposing in bed, St. Peter's Church Vicarage, Forsbrook

This lady is Mrs Bridgwood, the mother of the Vicar of St. Peter's Church in Forsbrook. She is buried in Forsbrook cemetery. Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical ...

Landlord and Regulars outside the New Inn, Stafford,

The New Inn was on Broad Eye; the landlord was Mr Ernest Haywood, seen fourth from the left in his shirt sleeves. Note that some of the men are wearing flowers in their buttonholes, which was a common ...

Landon's fish & chip shop, Uttoxeter Road, Longton

Peter Landon outside the family fish and chip shop at 1, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, with pet cat “Smokey”. Peter is dressed in his Sunday best clothes just before going to church. As it is a Sunday the ...

Les Davies and dogs, Croxton

Les Davies and his two dogs named Shep and Pom.

Little Moor Grange, Pattingham

The Waine family in the garden at Little Moor Grange.

Lord Harrowby and his Sister as Children, Sandon Hall,

The ancestral home of the Harrowby family is Sandon Hall. Lord Harrowby (right) is wearing a dress similar to his sister's. It was customary for small boys to wear dresses until they reached the age ...

Marson's Old Curiosity Shop, Stafford,

In 1890 William Albert Marson opened his 'Old Curiosity Shop' on Albion Place, selling furniture, china and fancy goods. He also owned a high class family grocer's shop, established in the High House ...

Meadows' shop, Croxton, near Eccleshall

Edgar Meadows' grocers and bakers shop on the Main Road through Croxton. The right hand side of the building was extended to form the shop. The building had previously been the Swan with Two Necks inn ...

Meadows' shop, Croxton, near Eccleshall

Edgar Meadows' grocers and bakers shop on the Main Road through Croxton. The right hand side of the building was extended to form the shop. The building had previously been the Swan with Two Necks inn ...

Mill Street, Cannock

An unusual early postcard of Mill Street, Cannock with an ornate frame, published at the 'Advertiser' Office, Cannock. A very unconcerned dog wanders in the road. People pose at both doorways of what ...

Milwich Hall in the Snow,

Milwich Hall was built c. 1600 on or near the site of a Saxon Hall, which was encircled by a moat. In the 1970s the plaster was removed to reveal the original timber framed structure underneath.

Milwich Village,

Seated under the tree is Bill Bennett, the blacksmith. Standing by the house on the left is Tommy Steele, who had been in prison. He had no home and was allowed to sleep in the forge, where he worked ...

Morris-Eyton children at Wood Eaton Manor, Church Eaton

All Seven Morris-Eyton children standing outside the verandah at Wood Eaton Manor. Back row, left to right: Charles Reginald (1890-1961), Constance Isabel (later Doubble, 1892-1979), Robert Edward (1893-1936), ...