Theme Explorer

Page 39 of 40 716 Records Found

Wain's shop, Ashley

Wain's grocers and tea dealers, on the corner of Sovereign Lane and Church road, Ashley. Alice and Mary Wain are standing in the doorway. The sisters took over the business after their mother, Sarah ...

Walton on the Hill Smithy

Mr W.M. Giles, the village blacksmith, shoeing a horse at Walton on the Hill Smithy in the early 1970s.

War work at Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A large pyramid shaped stack of munitions shells with woman using machine in background From album of photographs of Lotus Ltd. shoe factory, Sandon Road, Stafford taken by Oswald Wild for 'Fortune' ...

War work at Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A woman worker using a machine with 25-pounder high explosive munition shell casings either side of her. From album of photographs of Lotus Ltd. shoe factory, Sandon Road, Stafford taken by Oswald ...

War work at Lotus Ltd, Stafford

A woman worker weighing munitions shells on scales. On the noticeboard on the wall is a poster with the message "Lotus shells 'not shoes' are best for Jerry". From album of photographs of Lotus Ltd. ...

Watchmaker, Stone

Mr A.J. 'Tony' Thornton in his workshop at Old Road, Stone holding a mechanism used for cutting the teeth in clock wheels. Mr Thornton opened his clock making business in Stone in 1926 and continued ...

Weatherby & Sons, Town Road, Hanley

The photograph shows two bottle kilns belonging to J H Weatherby's Falcon Pottery. In the foreground is the entrance to James Topham's Cooperage, manufacturing wooden barrels mainly for the pottery trade. ...

Westhorpe's, Jewellers, 22 High Street, Uttoxeter

This picture was taken after some renovation work had been completed.

Wharf Street, Longton. Photographed by William Blake

Children wait patiently to pick up small lumps of coal dropped by the coal merchants. Once bought by a merchant then dropped in transit the coal became fair game. Children would hurry the coal home for ...

Wheelwright, Swynnerton

Wheelwright George H. Bennett at work on Swynnerton Main Street. The wheelwrights was a family business, established during the 19th century. The ownership passed through several hands including George ...

Wheelwrights and coachbuilder, Ivy House Farm, Fulford

Ivy House Farm is now derelict. Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Wheelwright's house, Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

George F. Bradbury Senior bought the wheelwright's business and premises in Abbots Bromley from Mr Robinson in 1864. He and his son George F. Bradbury Junior ran a wheelwrights, joiners and undertakers ...

Wheelwright's lean-tos, Tatenhill

Wheelwright's shop, Tatenhill

Mr Clarke's wheelwright's workshop at the Hawthorns, Main Road, Tatenhill.

Wheelwright's workshop, Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

Exterior view of Bradbury's wheelwrights workshop, Abbots Bromley, looking towards Bagot Street. The forge is in the foreground and the workshop behind. George F. Bradbury Senior bought the wheelwright's ...

Wheelwright's yard, Biddulph

Warren's wheelwright's yard, workmen and a cart, Congleton Road, Biddulph. In the background can be seen a steam traction engine.

Wheelwrights, Coton Hayes, Milwich,

Thomas Foster's wheelwrights shop at Coton Hayes.

Wheelwrights, Stone

Mr Ravenscroft was a wheelwright, blacksmith and coffin maker. He is pictured here at his workshop on Crown Street, and lived opposite in Forge House.