Theme Explorer

Page 32 of 41 725 Records Found

St. Edward's Church, Castle Donington, Leicestershire

This view shows the east end of the church as repairs to the spire near completion. On close inspection you can see five workers standing on the scaffolded platforms around the top of the spire.

St. Gregory's, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Gregory's, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

St. John's Market, Stafford

Market traders' stalls and customers inside St. John's Market. The Market buildings were demolished in the early 1990s to make way for the construction of the Guildhall Shopping Centre.

St. Mary's Church, Swynnerton

The parish church of St. Mary’s has Norman features, notably a very fine west doorway. The chancel and nave are Early English. The church is also notable for a statue of a seated Christ, some seven feet ...

St. Peter's Square, Yoxall

A view looking north along Main Street in Yoxall. The twin-gabled ivy-covered house on the left is the Grade II listed 17th century timber-framed house at 1 King Street, occupied at the time by Leedham's ...

Staff at Richardson & Son Coachbuilders, Uttoxeter

A group of workers at Richardson & Son Coachbuilders, Wharf Carriage Works, Uttoxeter. Many of the men are holding tools of their trade, including tools for wheelwrighting, leatherworking, blacksmithing ...

Stafford Street, Stafford,

Richardson's Corner. The view is looking down Stafford Street from Gaolgate Street. On the left is Cooper's ironmongers shop, which later became Richardson's (also selling household goods). The ...

Staking horse hides, Chapman's Sheepskin Works, Tutbury

Mr W.R. Chapman & and J. McGibbon staking horse hides. Staking is the process by which a skin is stretched, softened and made more flexible. E.B. & W.R. Chapman's Sheepskin Works, at the Old Mill, ...

Stanton's bakery, Wolverhampton Road, Cannock

Three members of staff in the doorway of Stanton's baker's shop. the shop window is decorated for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953.

Stock yard at Bass, Burton-on-Trent

£100,000 worth of stacked oak staves in the Bass stock yard for making casks.

Stocks of barrels in Burman's Cooperage yard

The original firm was called J. Burman & Son, Hawkins Lane, Burton-On-Trent. It was a cask repair firm only. In 1939 they took over J. Grout & Co., Dallow Street Cooperage, which was a firm somewhat run ...

Stocks of barrels in Burman's Cooperage yard, Burton-upon-Trent

The original firm was called J. Burman & Son, Hawkins Lane, Burton-On-Trent. It was a cask repair firm only. In 1939 they took over J. Grout & Co., Dallow Street Cooperage, which was a firm somewhat run ...

Stoke Roundhouse, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the locomotive yard at Stoke Roundhouse in Stoke-on-Trent and the men standing around the engine are likely to be locomotive engineers and company managers. If you look closely you can see that ...

Stokes' Tannery buildings, Rugeley

Buildings at the rear of Forge Road, Rugeley. The building was part of Stokes' Tannery, where the chroming and drying process took place. It was later taken over by the Gas Board. The entry on the right ...

Stokes Tannery, Rugeley

Buildings at the rear of Forge Street, Rugeley. Part of Stokes Tannery chroming and drying process. The building was later take over by the gas board. The entry on the right was known as the 'Gulley'.

Stone mason's yard, Stapenhill

Photograph of a monumental stone mason's workshop and yard at Stapenhill, Burton upon Trent.

Stone Road, Tittensor

St. Luke's Church gates can be seen on the left. When the A34 was constructed and the road was widened, the gates were moved back, meaning that the church was much closer to the road..

Stone Traders' Association Charabanc Outing,

Members of Stone Traders' Association. In the 1960s the association changed its title to Stone Chamber of Trade to widen activities and eligibility for membership.