Latest Additions To The Site

Page 3 of 56 1000 Records Found

St. John the Baptist Church, Ashley

The congregation leaving the Ashley church. St. John's church has an early 17th century west tower. The rest of the church was rebuilt by J. Ashdown of London in 1860-61. Photographer: John W. Duncalf, ...

Hawthorne Road, Wheaton Aston

A view looking south along Hawthorne Road towards the Primitive Methodist chapel on the Square in the distance, which was built in 1832 and demolished in 1977. On the right is Wheaton Aston Institute ...

The Institute and Post Office, Wheaton Aston

A view of the corner of Marston Road and High Street with the Wheaton Aston Institute and Reading Room on the left, built in 1887, and now the Village Hall. On the right is Mayland's supply store and ...

St. Mary's Church, Wheaton Aston

The church was designed by Bidlake & Lovatt and dates from 1857, although the chancel by Charles Lynam is later (1893) The spire to the left is surmounted by a weather vane. The vicar in 1904 was Rev. ...

Shepwell Green Social Club, Willenhall

Shepwell Green Social Club on Bilston Lane, Willenhall.

Knightley Grange

Knightley Grange was built between 1860 and 1868 by Major R. Hargreaves at Cob Hall Farm. The house overlooks the Gamekeepers' House towards the Wrekin. The tower, seen in the middle, was removed when ...

Leaton Hall, Bobbington

An 18th century three-storeyed house of eight bays which was stucco-faced and extended at the rear in 1817. Some of these later additions were demolished in about 1977 and the interior remodelled in 1981....

Excavation of Roman villa, Engleton, Penkridge

Workmen standing with a Roman column. A Roman villa of the 2nd to 4th century BC was excavated in summer 1937 by Wolverhampton Archaeological Society with the support of Kathleen Kenyon. The site is ...

Plans of the Parish of Wolstanton (Wolstanton Tithe map), Newcastle-under-Lyme

Tithe maps were drawn up following the Tithe Commutation Act of 1836. Traditionally tithes were a local payment in kind of one tenth of the produce of land and levied for the upkeep of the local church ...

Dipping Ware, Spode, Stoke-on-Trent

Pottery factory interior depicting a dipper and his female assistant working in a dipping house. The workers are in the process of dipping fired (or biscuit) ware in preparation for a second glost ...

Great Haywood Village

This view of Great Haywood was taken from outside the Clifford Arms public house looking south. On the left is a part view of the Post Office and the next building has a sign above the door ‘J. Leaver’ ...

The Clifford Arms, Great Haywood

The Clifford Arms was once the sixteenth century gatehouse to Haywood Hall. A yard behind the archway was used to stable horses. In the 1920s the inn was painted to look timber framed, but was demolished ...

Siemens Morris Dancers, Stafford

Siemens Morris Dancers pictured with First Prize certificates for Stafford Infirmary Pageant 1st and 2nd July 1922. Their badges read 'E.E.C.' (English Electric Company) and 'S.W.W.C.' (Siemens Works ...

Occupation of Traders Plans, Kidsgrove town centre

This series of plans shows Kidsgrove town centre and how the buildings have changed use over a 5 year period. The plans were probably traced from a large scale ordnance survey map by hand and have the ...

Newcastle-under-Lyme Board of Health Drainage Works Plan - Sheet 8

These plans were drawn up by Lee and Stevenson, Civil Engineers from London in 1853. They show the proposed new drainage for the Newcastle-under-Lyme area in accordance with the Public Health Act 1848. They ...

Newcastle-under-Lyme Board of Health Drainage Works Plan - Sheet 7

These plans were drawn up by Lee and Stevenson, Civil Engineers from London in 1853. They show the proposed new drainage for the Newcastle-under-Lyme area in accordance with the Public Health Act 1848. They ...

Newcastle-under-Lyme Board of Health Drainage Works Plan - Sheet 5

These plans were drawn up by Lee and Stevenson, Civil Engineers from London in 1853. They show the proposed new drainage for the Newcastle-under-Lyme area in accordance with the Public Health Act 1848. They ...

Newcastle-under-Lyme Board of Health Drainage Works Plan - Sheet 4

These plans were drawn up by Lee and Stevenson, Civil Engineers from London in 1853. They show the proposed new drainage for the Newcastle-under-Lyme area in accordance with the Public Health Act 1848. They ...