Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 10 167 Records Found

Cellar, St. Thomas' Priory Farm, Stafford,

Remains of St. Thomas' Priory cellar, with medieval tiles. St. Thomas' Priory Farm was built on the site of a medieval priory which was dedicated to St. Thomas Becket. The priory was broken up during ...

Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (1)

In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory by Sir David Wilson, then Director of the British Museum in London. In addition to the more conventional display cases, ...

Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (2)

In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory by Sir David Wilson, then Director of the British Museum in London. This is a partial reconstruction of the Wedgwood ...

Col. and Mrs Haszard, Milford Hall

A portrait of Col. Gerald Haszard and Mrs Dyonese Haszard (nee Levett) in the library at Milford Hall. The daughter of William and Maud Byrd Levett of Milford Hall, Dyonese Rosamund Levett was born ...

Conservatory, Drayton Manor, Fazeley

The conservatory, seen in this photograph, was added by the third Sir Robert Peel. Drayton Manor was the home of the Peel family and was built by Sir Robert Peel's father in about 1790. This house was ...

Cottage interior

This oil painting is signed and dated 'Drummond 1879' (Julian Drummond 1824-1906). height - 495mm width - 673mm

Crown Hotel, Dining Room, Stone,

The Crown Hotel on Crown Street was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed by Henry Holland in 1780. The inn was a stop for stage coaches from London, Manchester and Birmingham; there ...

Crown Hotel, Lounge, Stone,

The Crown Hotel on Crown Street was damaged by fire in 1778. The new building was designed by Henry Holland in 1780. The inn was a stop for stage coaches from London, Manchester and Birmingham; there ...

Dining Room, Highfield Manor, Stafford,

Highfield Manor was built in 1880 by David Hollin, a boot and shoe manufacturer. In 1900 Mr Hollin commissioned a series of photographs, showing the inside and outside of his home. Although Highfields ...

Dining Room, Talbot and Smithfield Hotel, Stafford,

Mr and Mrs Riley, proprietors of the Smithfield and Talbot Hotel, Victoria Square.

Dormitory at the Police Barracks, Stafford,

The original police barracks were at the back of the Guildhall on Market Square. These were demolished in 1867 to make way for the covered market. The military barracks on Friar's Terrace became vacant ...

Drama Performed by German prisoners of War at Brocton Camp

German Prisoners of War taking part in a theatrical production at Brocton Camp. The play, by a Norwegian author, deals with the impact of the collapse of a business empire in a small town on the Norwegian ...

Drama Performed by Prisoners of War, Brocton Camp,

German Prisoners of War taking part in a theatrical production at Brocton Camp. During the First World War two military camps were built on the Chase - Brocton Camp, which was located near to Anson's ...

Dramatic Production, Stafford Girls' High School

In 1907 the County Council took over a private girls' school at the Moat House on Newport Road, and moved it to new and larger premises in The Oval. It became Stafford Girls' High School, and there were ...

Drawing Room, Fazeley House, Fazeley

An interior view of the Drawing Room in Fazeley House off Coleshill Street. This photograph was taken when the House was occupied by Rev. Robert Henry Tanner and his family. He was Vicar of Fazeley ...

Drawing Room, Highfield Manor, Stafford,

Highfield Manor was built in 1880 by David Hollin, a boot and shoe manufacturer. In 1900 Mr Hollin commissioned a series of photographs, showing the inside and outside of his home. Although Highfields ...

Drawing Room, Little Onn Hall, Church Eaton,

Photograph from a sale catalogue. Little Onn Hall is located about 1 1/2 miles south west of Church Eaton. The hall was built c.1870 - 1875, but has been altered and enlarged over the years.

Drawing Room, Rodbaston Hall

The late-Victorian Drawing Room of Rodbaston Hall while it was owned by the family of Henry and Jane Ward. during the Victorian period. It is now the staff room. The large chandelier on the top right ...