Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 37 651 Records Found

Board of Chairmen's names, Longton Cottage Hospital

Showing the names of the Chairmen 1886-1948. The man standing with the board is possibly J.A. Lovatt. Longton Cottage Hospital was built in Upper Belgrave Road in 1889-90 on land given by the Duke ...

Board of Chairmen's names, Longton Cottage Hospital

Board showing the names of the Chairmen, 1886-1948. (Possibly lettered by J. A. Lovatt). Longton Cottage Hospital was built in Upper Belgrave Road in 1889-90 on land given by the Duke of Sutherland. ...

Board of Charmen's names, Longton Cottage Hospital

Board showing Chairmen, 1886-1948. Pictured with it is possibly J.A. Lovatt, who may have painted the lettering. Longton Cottage Hospital was built in Upper Belgrave Road in 1889-90 on land given ...

Bomb damage, Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

Chesterton Salvation Army pictured amongst ruined buildings after a bombing raid on Chesterton during World War Two.

Boys' Home, Standon

This building began as a Church of England home for orphans, but by the 1940s it was an approved school for delinquent boys. On the 15th February 1947 the home was the scene of a murder perpetrated ...

Bradwell Hospital, Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

This hospital was for female patients only and had 68 beds.

Bridge street, Almshouses, Newcastle-under-Lyme

In 1688 the Duke of Albemarle bequeathed £6000 for the erection and maintenance of almshouses for twenty poor widows. The houses were eventually built in 1743, and had to be demolished in 1964 to make ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from Grapes Corner, the junction of Lichfield Road, Bailey Street and Newport Road. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Postcard published by Valentine & Sons Ltd., Dundee and London. Postmarked 24 February 1907.

Bridge Street, Stafford

Bridge Street, close to Green Bridge, looking towards the town centre. The clock tower belongs to the Royal Brine Baths, built in 1892. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade to dry their ...

Bridge Street, Stafford,

Photograph taken from Grapes Corner, the junction of Lichfield Road, Bailey Street and Newport Road. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided ...

Bridge Street, Stafford, (1)

The public house on the left is the Grapes Hotel. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade to dry their ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

These were the Officers Quarters belonging to the Royal Army Medical Corps stationed at Rugeley Hospital on Cannock Chase. Behind these buildings was the Officers' Mess and Ablutions. These huts were ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

This postcard view looks south from Rugeley Camp towards Brindley Heath Hospital which can be seen on the left amongst the trees. The Hospital was also known as Rugeley Hospital even though it served ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

The Wards, like the huts, were lined with a type of asbestos as a form of insulation. You can still find the brick bases where the stoves for heating would have stood. There were apparently three stoves ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

Nurses and convalescing soldiers in the snow at Brindley Heath Hospital. The Ministry of Pensions Hospital at Brindley Heath on Cannock Chase. The Military Hospital was built in 1916 to serve both Brocton ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

This is the main entrance to the Brindley Hospital Site with the admission building half way down the main roadway on the left in between the twelve wards blocks. The sign by the entrance mentions the ...

Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

The caption For this photograph was "Farewell to Matron" and she is beaming as she is waved off by staff and patients along the main driveway in front of the wards. Above the windscreen can be seen one ...