Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 96 1723 Records Found

Alstonefield School

Alstonefield School was built in 1842 and closed in 1982. The school building is now occupied by the Village Hall. To the right can be seen the girls cloakroom which is now used as the entrance to the ...

Alton - Exterior of St. John's Convent School: engraving

'Saint John's Hospital Alton.' Showing a bird's eye view of the building.'A. P. W.,' [Augustus Welby Pugin].

Amateur dramatic group at Denstone College

Part of the cast from a production of 'Henry VII'. Denstone College was begun in 1868 and opened in 1873 as St. Chad's College with 46 boys. It was designed by William Slater and R.C. Carpenter in ...

Amington School Pupils

Back row: Miss Nora Allport (teacher), Ethel Fielding, Lucy Mason, ?, Maud Wapples, Mary Cullick, ?, Edith Williamson, Minnie Godderidge, Anne Robinson, Miss Lizzie Hartwell (teacher). Second row standing: ...

Amington School, Tamworth

View of Amington Church of England School taken from the main road. The school was built by the famous Victorian architect G. Street, who also built Amington Church. The architectural details of note ...

Angel Inn, Stafford,

The Angel Inn beerhouse in Grey Friars.

Annie and Florrie Hart, Rugeley

Florrie (left) and Annie Hart are pictured during their school photograph at the St. Joseph and St. Etheldreda School in Rugeley. In later years Annie worked for the Co-operative Store in Rugeley. ...

Apedale Hall School

Apedale Hall School stands at the top of Apedale Road and was built in 1855 by John Edensor Heathcote to educate the children of the Apedale estate staff. It ceased to be used as a school in the 1870s ...

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary (later Junior High) School was on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school amalgamated with blessed William Southerne to become St Margaret Ward. The buildings ...

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Students at Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary School on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school later became a Junior High School before closing (after amalgamation with Blessed William Southerne). ...

Armitage Infants School Coronation Parade

The children of Armitage Infants School taking part in a parade to celebrate the Coronation of King George VI in 1937. Elsie Mills is holding up the flag. Also in the picture are Mildred Arnold, Rose ...

Armitage School

A view of Armitage School at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Lane. It became the home of Armitage Youth Centre around 1975. The hall is also used by other community groups. The school was replaced ...

Armitage School: sepia drawing

'The School at Armitage, Staffordshire,' showing a long low building of 'Elizabethan' Gothic [1839] and a wall with a gateway.'J. Buckler.'

Armitage Youth Centre

Originally built as Armitage School, at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Road in the mid 19th century, it has been the home of Armitage Youth Centre since about 1975. The hall is also used by ...

Army Cadet Force, Stone

Army Cadet Force members pictured on the sports field at Alleyne's Grammar School, Oulton Road, Stone. Front right is Bugler C.R. Haynes. The Photographer is A.J. Guy of Stafford.

Art Class, Brooklands School, Stafford,

Brooklands opened on Eccleshall Road in 1946 as a private school. At first only a small number of five and six year olds were admitted, but the number of pupils increased and by 1962 126 children ...

Art Class, Granville Secondary Modern School, Stone

Pupils in Mrs Paddock's Art Class. Seated at the front are Willie Guildford and Doreen Dunn, and John Morris is sitting in the aisle seat at the back.

Art Class, Sutherland Institute, Longton

The photograph shows William Morse and his Art class. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke of Sutherland. Today it houses Longton ...