Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 3 of 112 2000 Records Found

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. This panelled room with a stone fireplace is thought to be one of the bedrooms from a group of rooms located above the Long Gallery known as “The Nurseries”. Beaudesert ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the bedrooms from a group of rooms located above the Long Gallery known as “The Nurseries”. As with many rooms at Beaudesert the walls were hung with Chinese wallpaper and here it ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. In this photograph the bed has a Venetian-patterned silk damask cover and the headboard is covered with a similar type of material. Beaudesert Hall was the ...

A Bedroom at Beaudesert Hall

There were many bedrooms at Beaudesert. In this photograph the bed has a Venetian-patterned silk damask cover, the headboard and hangings are of a similar type of material. Beaudesert Hall was the ...

A Bedroom at Wootton Lodge

Pictured is one of the bedrooms at Wootton Lodge, photographed by Country Life in March 1959. Wootton Lodge was built as a hunting lodge by Sir Richard Fleetwood between about 1580 and 1610. It was ...

A Bedroom at Wootton Lodge

Pictured is one of the bedrooms at Wootton Lodge. Photographed by Country Life and featured in their magazine in March 1959. The panelling dates from around 1700. Wootton Lodge was built as a hunting ...

A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries. Photographed by William Blake.

Industrial landscape with the caption "A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries". Taken at Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Despite an obvious pride in many of the aspects of the pottery ...

A class from Amington School, Tamworth

Class 3 with their teacher, Mrs Davis, and Headmaster, Mr Sharley, from Amington Church of England school.

A coal wharf, Bridgwood Street, Longton

This photograph is looking north along Bridgwood Street from close to the Sutherland Road junction. A coal wharf on the right was alongside Bridgwood Street (formerly called Wharf Street). The bridge ...

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is an original timber-framed passage leading to the Billiard Room. The passage was renovated after the 1909 fire and the old carved oak arch (which did not belong to the house) was added. Beaudesert ...

A Corridor at Beaudesert Hall

Pictured is one of the corridors at Beaudesert Hall. Beaudesert Hall was the mansion of the Pagets, Marquesses of Anglesey. Its core was medieval, with later alterations. James Wyatt and Joseph Potter ...

A Cottage on the Lichfield Road, Stafford

This view of a roofless cottage which stood opposite Green Hall on Lichfield Road, Stafford was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. The buildings on the left are part of the St. Joseph's Convent ...

A decorated Palace Cinema, George Street, Tamworth

The first Palace Cinema can be seen here decorated to celebrate the Coronation of George V. The early 20th century Palace cinema was the old music hall and stood on the site of [what is now] Burtons shop ...

A factory tour at Reliant

Charlie Courier, the factory manager, can be seen on the left giving a tour of the factory. A production line of Reliant Regals can be seen behind them. The Reliant Motor Company was formed in 1935 ...

A fete held at Clayton Hall, Newcastle-under-Lyme

There has been a hall at Clayton for hundreds of years. This shows what is thought to be the third hall built on or nearby the original site. From the fashion worn by the ladies we know that this ...

A funeral column passes out of the main parade square, Whittington Barracks, nr Lichfield

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery, Cobridge

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery stood at the junction of North Road and Leek New Road in Cobridge. Behind the works is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery (now Sneyd Hill Park). The office building still ...

A general view of Alvecote Colliery

Alvecote Colliery, Tamworth Brickworks and the Coventry canal can be seen in this photograph. Alvecote Colliery was known as Tamworth Colliery until 1948.