Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 7 121 Records Found

Hopwas Pumping Station

Built 1879 to supply mains water to Tamworth. Disused since 1962. It was converted into residences in 2005. 'Spruce' is one of two 50HP 'housebuilt' single cylinder, condensing, rotative water pumping ...

Huntington Pumping Station, Huntington

The station was built and used by the South Staffordshire Water Company in the mid to late 1850s. In front of the Main Building are the steam operated beam pumping engines, with the chimney to the ...

Inauguration of the New Sewage Disposal Works, Stafford,

The Chairman turns on the main valve at Brancote Gorse Sewage Disposal Works. He is watched by Mayor W.T. Richardson. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ...

Installation of the Main Sewage System, Milwich,

Prior to 1984 Milwich was not served by the main sewage system. This photograph was taken on Main Street.

Laying water pipes, Shugborough

Water pipes being laid outside the Stable Block and Servants' Quarters at Shugborough. The water came from the reservoir in the Satnall Hills, built in 1890. The Servants' Quarters building was constructed ...

Lichfield - Market Place: sepia wash drawing

'Market place, Lichfield. 1788.' Showing the Market Cross with classical arches (two on each side) and a pump house to the left. Anonymous, [? in the style of Stringer.]

Lichfield - Minors' School and Conduit: sepia drawing

'The Conduit at Lichfield,' showing a square building with stone corners and a domed roof. It stood at the junction of Bore Street and St John Street. In the street, behind, the Minors' School is visible, ...

Lichfield - Minors' School: sepia drawing

'Minors' School at Lichfield: founded A.D. 1670,' [by Thomas Minors.] Showing the street front of a building with two stepped gables and a central door. It has square-headed windows. Viewed from the ...

Lichfield - The Conduit: woodcut engraving

Showing the Conduit, (with letterpress on the back.) Anonymous.

Longton Road, Stone

On the left the waterworks can just be seen, built in 1890 and supplied the whole town. The reservoir was on Red Hill. The buildings have now been demolished.

Longton Road, Stone

On the right are the waterworks, built in 1890 and supplied the whole town. The reservoir was on Red Hill. The buildings have now been demolished.

Longton Road, Stone

On the left are the waterworks, built in 1890 and supplied the whole town. The reservoir was on Red Hill. The buildings have now been demolished.

Market Square and Shire Hall, Stafford,

There has been a shire building in Stafford since the 1280s, used as a meeting place for the County Court and later for other civic meetings. The present building, designed by John Harvey and erected ...

Market Square, Brewood,

Brewood's first market charter was granted to the lord of the manor, the Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield, in 1221. Market day was Friday, but had been discontinued by 1851.

Market Square, Stafford,

To the left is the Jubilee Fountain, erected in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. It was demolished in 1934.

May Fair and Cattle Market, Stafford,

Annual fairs had two sides - trade and pleasure. People would travel from a wide area to visit the fairs, which often filled the town's main streets. Henry III granted Stafford's first annual fair in ...

Milford Pumping Station

The waterworks pumping station was built at Milford in 1890. The reservoirs situated on the top of the Satnall Hills supplied water to Stafford and its surrounding districts.

Milford Pumping Station

The waterworks pumping station was built at Milford in 1890. The reservoirs situated on the top of the Satnall Hills supplied water to Stafford and its surrounding districts.