Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 20 345 Records Found

Burndhurst Mill, Lower Loxley

An early photograph of Burndhurst Mill, on the A518 Stafford Road near Lower Loxley, Uttoxeter. Joseph and Harriet Fisher tenanted this mill from 1883 to 1908, after which his son Allan Charles took ...

Burndhurst Mill, Lower Loxley

Burndhurst Mill from the West side showing the weir below the sluice on the River Blythe. Burndhurst Mill was built in the 18th century and is Grade II listed.

Burndhurst Mill, Lower Loxley

The mill and the surrounding fields were regularly subject to flooding. Due to severe flooding in 1947 water reached three feet deep in the house. Burndhurst Mill was built in the 18th century and ...

Burndhurst Mill, Lower Loxley

Burndhurst Mill was built in the 18th century and is Grade II listed. It was bought by the Brough family in 1979.

Burndhurst Mill, near Lower Loxley, Uttoxeter

This view of Burndhurst Mill, was taken from the A518 road bridge over the River Blithe, and shows the water wheel and the weir. Photograph taken by Jim Foley.

Burndhurst Mill, near Lower Loxley, Uttoxeter

Roland Bebbington on the bridge over the River Blithe by Burndhurst Mill sometime in the 1970s. Mr.Bebbington was a tenant at the mill from 1939 during the ownership of Mr. Riley, the owner of the shoe-making ...

Burton Flour Mills, Newton Road, Burton-upon-Trent

The derelict Burton Flour Mills off Newton Road, Burton-upon-Trent, awaiting redevelopment This Image is from a collection of photographs of Burton upon Trent commissioned and assembled by Burton upon ...

Butterhill Windmill, near Coppenhall

Built in about 1800, this windmill ceased work between 1872 and 1876, and the machinery was dismantled in 1912. It had four or six sails, a boat cap and a fantail.

Calcining kilns at Bucknall Flint Mill, Rixley Road, Bucknall

A pair of calcining kilns at George Edwards' Bucknall Flint Mill with their load of flint nodules after roasting (calcining). Adding ground flint and bone (up to 50%), gives ware strength, whiteness ...

Caldon Canal from Bedford Street bridge, Hanley

Looking south along the Caldon Canal from the bridge at Bedford Street. On the left is the edge of large Bedford earthenware works operated by Ridgways. The tall building in the centre of the photograph ...

Caldon Canal near Endon

This view of the Caldon Canal shows a pivoting swing bridge at Endon with a canal bridge behind. The bridge was used to transfer China clay or Cornish stone from narrowboats into rail trucks, with the ...

Caldon Canal near Pyenest Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Taken from close to the Stoke Road (A5006) bridge, the camera is looking west along the Caldon Canal. In the distance is one of the now demolished gas holders of the Etruria Gas Works on Etruscan Street. ...

California Mill, Horton Street, Leek

The building supposedly dates from the 1820s, making it the oldest brick textile mill still in use in the north of England. All the manufacturing processes are based on the single site, making it an example ...

Canal scene at Horseley Fields, Wolverhampton

The building on the left is the Union Flour Mill. Situated on the Birmingham Canal Navigations Mainline, the steam-powered mill commenced production in 1813. It was owned by the Wolverhampton Flour ...

Castle Mills and Tamworth Castle

The Castle Mills can be seen on the right hand side of this photograph. The mills consisted of three corn mills and a fulling mill, and were demolished in 1920. The top of the castle can be seen in the ...

Caverswall Mill. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the River Blithe and Cookshill Mill at Caverswall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Checkhill Mill, near Enville

A blade mill was working at this site on the Spittle Brook by the 17th century. It was later converted into a fulling mill and then into a corn mill. It had ceased operating as a corn mill by the 1880s, ...

Cheddelton Flint Mill

The earliest reference to milling at Cheddleton dates back to 1253. The northern mill (right) was built specifically to grind flint for the ceramic industry in the Potteries in about 1760. The southern ...