Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 15 263 Records Found

Broughton Hall,

Broughton Hall was built for Sir Thomas Broughton in the mid-sixteenth century, possibly on the site of an earlier building. During the eighteenth century the ornate timber work was covered in plaster, ...

Bury Bank Cottage, Darlaston Hall Estate, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant. The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained ...

Buskers, Granville Square, Stone,

Granville Square was originally named Pump Square, but when the pump was removed the square was renamed after Earl Granville of Stonepark. Trees were planted to commemorate the coronation of Edward VII ...

Byanna Farmhouse, Eccleshall,

Photograph of an illustration, taken by Mr Trevor Harvey. The name Byanna means 'beyond the dean', or out of the town. The Bishops of Lichfield lived here after Eccleshall Castle was destroyed in ...

Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall,

Major Hugh Fraser, Conservative candidate, successfully contested the Stafford Constituency in the 1951 General Election. He is seen here canvassing in High Street.

Castle Inn, 16 Market Street, Lichfield

The 16th century timber framed building is pictured here as the Castle Inn, which occupied the building between 1793 and 1962. The image dates between 1933-1936, as James Tonks became publican in 1932/1933 ...

Castle Inn, Stafford,

The Castle Inn on Eastgate Street, demolished in the 1960s. The site was redeveloped as Castlegate telephone exchange, which moved there from its former building at the rear of the Head Post Office. ...

Castle Street, Eccleshall,

On the right is Brook House Farm, now demolished. The row of cottages on the left was known as Dog Row, and also no longer exists.

Christ Church, Stafford,

View of Christ Church from Gaolgate Street, before the Gaol Square roundabout was landscaped. Christ Church opened on Foregate Street in 1839. Its mission church, St. Aidan's, was consecrated in 1902 ...

Church Cottage, Church Eaton,

Timber framed Church Cottage on High Street, also known as Institute Farmhouse. The cottage fell into disrepair and was demolished in the 1980s. It was rebuilt in 1983 using new materials, further ...

Church Eaton Village,

Church Eaton Village,

View of the High Street. On the left is St. Editha's Church, built from local sandstone. The earliest part of the church is the tower, which dates from the twelfth century. The timber framed building ...

Church House, Abbots Bromley

Church House, on the corner of Church Lane and Bagot Street in Abbots Bromley. Church House is a timber-framed building on a brick plinth, built in 1619 as a residence. It was restored in the mid 20th ...

Church House, Abbots Bromley

Church House, on the corner of Church Lane and Bagot Street in Abbots Bromley. Church House is a timber-framed building on a brick plinth, built in 1619 as a residence. It was restored in the mid 20th ...

Church Lane, Stafford,

The building on the left was built in the sixteenth century. When this photograph was taken it was used as a bakery. Mr Bradley opened his wireless shop here in the 1920s. Photograph donated by ...

Clanford Hall, Seighford, (1)

Clanford Hall is timber framed with a three storey porch.

Clanford Hall, Seighford, (2)

Clanford Hall is timber framed with a three storey porch.

Clanford Hall, Seighford, (3)

Clanford Hall is timber framed with a three storey porch.