Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 10 168 Records Found

Church of the Resurrection, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior with a view of the Church of the Resurrection at Red Bank, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken ...

Commemorative window, St. Luke’s Church, Cannock

This commemorative window, 'the Last Communion on the Battlefield', was given by Charles Loxton in memory of his son Charles Edward Holden Loxton, known as Edward. He was a 2nd Lieutenant in the North ...

Detail of Chancel Screen, St. Mary's Church, Ingestre,

St. Mary's Church was built in 1676, and is the only church outside London to be attributed to Sir Christopher Wren. It was commissioned by Walter Chetwynd of Ingestre Hall. The interior still retains ...

Draycott Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. Margaret's Church, Church Lane, Draycott, Staffordshire.

Eccleshall Bowling Club,

The bowling green was located at the rear of the Royal Oak Inn on High Street.

Eccleshall Methodist Chapel

This chapel stands on Stone Road, Eccleshall. The foundation stone was laid on 21 September 1871 by Mrs Broadhurst, wife of a local tanner, and was constructed by local builder Charles Barratt. The total ...

Endon Church Interior

Interior view of the east window in the south aisle of St. Luke's Church. The tower probably dates from the 17th century and the rest was built in 1876-79 to designs by J. Beardmore.

Entrance to Dovedale, near Ilam

On the left is Bunster Hill, overlooking the steep-sided gorge through which flows the River Dove.

Florence Camm, stained glass studio, Smethwick

Born in Smethwick in 1874, Florence Camm was a talented artist, stained glass designer and decorative metalworker. She studied at Birmingham School of Art between 1892 and 1910, and exhibited regularly ...

Gamekeeper's Cottage, Madeley

Gamekeeper's Cottage, or Woodland Cottage, stood in Walton's Wood, north east of Madeley. It was demolished around the time the M6 was constructed in 1962-1963.

Goat Lodge, Bagots Park, near Abbots Bromley

The architect of this eccentric building was Thomas Trubshaw of Little Haywood. It was built in 1839 as an entrance lodge to Bagot's Park. It is decorated with goats' heads: the goat is the emblem of ...

Gothic Temple, Alton Towers,

The correct description of the building is the Gothic Prospect Tower, although it has often been known as the Chinese Temple. The Tower stands on Thompson's Rock, it was designed by Robert Abraham and ...

Hawkesyard Priory Church, Armitage

An interior view of Hawkesyard Priory Church looking towards the choir screen, high altar and reredos. The screen was the work of Hardman and Powell and was the last gift (in 1909) to the Church made ...

Hawkesyard Priory Church, Armitage

Interior view of Hawkesyard Priory Church looking towards the altar showing the screen and reredos. Also in this view are the hammer beam roof and tables and chairs in the nave. Photographer: Alfred ...

Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

Interior view of the altar in Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook.

Holy Cross Church, Bilbrook

Inside view of Bilbrook Holy Cross Church. There are wooden units on either side of the altar, solid at the botton carved at the top, that hid the electricity meters behind them. The banners on the ...

Holy Trinity Church Interior, Eccleshall,

Holy Trinity Church dates from the twelfth century. The chancel was replaced in the thirteenth century, and in the fifteenth century the tower was raised to its present height and the clerestory added. Between ...

Ilam Village

A general view of the village with the Grade II listed Watts-Russell Cross in the foreground. This elaborate cross was raised by Jesse Watts-Russell of Ilam Hall in memory of his wife Mary, who died ...