Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 7 126 Records Found

High Street, Church Eaton

A postcard view of the High Street in Church Eaton. On the left are two school buildings which were built in the late 19th century and opened in 1900 as a combined school for boys, girls and infants. ...

Hilderstone Church

A postcard view of Christ Church in Hilderstone which was built in 1827-9 to designs by Thomas Trubshaw of Little Haywood. This postcard was published by T. G. Adie & Co’s., (Stone) Series.

Hilderstone Church. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Christ Church, Hilderstone, Staffordshire.

Hilderstone Village,

On the left is Christ Church, built in 1833. The church was built by Ralph Bourne of Hilderstone Hall, a pottery manufacturer. On the right is Hilderstone School, built as a National School for 180 ...

Hilderstone Village,

Hilderstone. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Hilderstone, Staffordshire. The photograph includes children playing outside a shop, which has a number of product advertisments placed on its walls and front. Christ Church ...

Hilderstone. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Hilderstone, Staffordshire. The photograph includes a vehicle travelling past Christ Church on Cresswell Road.

Hockley Road, Uttoxeter

A postcard view of Hockley Road, Uttoxeter, looking south-west towards Picknal Brook Bridge and the level crossing gates. Most of the buildings on the left remain (December 2019) along with the level ...

Hockley Road, Uttoxeter.

A postcard view of a quiet scene with a pony and trap on Hockley Road, Uttoxeter. On the right is a glimpse of the spire (later removed) on the Chapel buildings at Uttoxeter Cemetery. This Kingsway ...

Kingsley Village

A postcard view of Kingsley Village. On the left is a delivery cart from Buntings Brewery of Uttoxeter. The building in the background on the left is the village school.

Knightley Church

Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the foundation stone was laid by the Countess of Lichfield. It was opened for public worship on July ...

Knightley Church

Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the foundation stone was laid by the Countess of Lichfield. It was opened for public worship on July ...

Knightley Grange

Knightley Grange was built between 1860 and 1868 by Major R. Hargreaves at Cob Hall Farm. The house overlooks the Gamekeepers' House towards the Wrekin. The tower, seen in the middle, was removed when ...

Knightley Grange

Knightley Grange was built between 1860 and 1868 by Major R. Hargreaves at Cob Hall Farm. The house overlooks the Gamekeepers' House towards the Wrekin. The tower, seen in the middle, was removed when ...

Knightley Grange, (3)

Knightley Grange was built between 1860 and 1868 by Major R. Hargreaves at Cob Hall Farm. The house overlooks the Gamekeepers' House towards the Wrekin. The tower, seen on the left, was removed when ...

Landscape. Unknown Location. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide with a landscape including a lake and church. Unknown location.

Leek Police Station

Oil painting on board of Leek Police Station, Staffordshire, built 1891. An oil painting by C.W. Sheldon, formerly in the collections of the Staffordshire Police Museum, now part of the Staffordshire ...

Lichfield Cathedral

This 'Lichfield Pictorial Postcard' picture was taken looking along the Close towards the west front of Lichfield Cathedral from the junction with Beacon Street and Bird Street. This early postcard ...