Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 12 200 Records Found

Eccleshall Company of Church Lads' Brigade,

The Church Lads' Brigade with their instruments outside Holy Trinity Church.

Enginehouse, Milford Waterworks,

The waterworks pumping station was built at Milford in 1890. The reservoirs situated on the top of the Satnall Hills supplied water to Stafford and its surrounding districts.

Entrance to Cannock Park

The gates and brick pillars and the tree-lined avenue leading to the Pavilion in Cannock Park. The original gates and pillars have since been replaced. Postcard in the 'Teesee' Series', published by ...

Farming Family, Stone,

From left to right are George Stanfield, James Stanfield (mounted) and Mrs Stanfield, outside Wood House Farm.

Filleybrooks, Stone,

View looking towards Stone. These houses still exist, although the lane is now a busy trunk road. The end terrace on the right served tea to travellers and cyclists.

Floods, St. Thomas' Mill, Stafford

View of the flood from St. Thomas' Mill.

Foresters Convalescent Home, Walton Pool, Stourbridge

This nursing home was founded by the Ancient Order of Foresters and built in 1893. During World War II the home was arefuge for children evacuated from Birmingham and Felixstowe. It has been a private ...

Forsbrook Road, Blythe Bridge. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Forsbrook Road, Blythe Bridge, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. A soldier and a postman pose for the photograph as a cyclist rides by.

Fulford School,

Gates at Park Hall, Leigh

These wrought iron gates were made by an unknown 18th century blacksmith. Park Hall, built in the 1690s, can be seen in the background.

Gateway at Hall Flats, Colwich: sepia drawing

'An Ancient Gateway, Bank Top, Staffordshire,' showing a gateway composed of stone pillars with balls on the top of elaborate capitals. [Jacobean.] This is the gateway to Hall Flats, which stood on Coley ...

Gateway, Ingestre Stables,

The original seventeenth century stables at Ingestre Hall are next to St. Mary's Church. The new stables (pictured) were designed by John Birch in the late nineteenth century. This elaborate building ...

Gerrard's Bromley Hall,

Gerrard's Bromley Hall was constructed in the late sixteenth century by Sir Gilbert Gerard, Queen Elizabeth's Attorney General. The hall was built behind two courtyards; off the courtyards were barns ...

Goat Lodge, Bagots Park, near Abbots Bromley

The architect of this eccentric building was Thomas Trubshaw of Little Haywood. It was built in 1839 as an entrance lodge to Bagot's Park. It is decorated with goats' heads: the goat is the emblem of ...

Granville Terrace, Stone,

Granville Terrace was named after Earl Granville, Lord of the Manor of Stone. In the distance can be seen the spire of the Congregational Church, built in 1871 to a design by George Bidlake. On 7 ...

Granville Terrace, Stone,

Granville Terrace was named after Earl Granville, Lord of the Manor of Stone. The photograph was taken from the railway embankment.

Gravel Pit Lodge, Trentham Park,

Green Hall, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Front view of Green Hall viewed from the Lichfield Road in Stafford. Built in the 1820s for Charles Webb, a solicitor, the house was originally named Forebridge Hall. In later years Green Hall housed ...