Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 24 418 Records Found

Brereton Collieries, Rugeley

A postcard view of Brereton Collieries. The pit on the right was originally known as Brick-Kiln pit, latterly Brereton Colliery which closed in 1960, the same year that production started at nearby Lea ...

Brereton 'Old' Vicarage?

This is the front of a post card written by Mrs Miller, headteacher at St. Michael's School, Brereton expressing Christmas greetings to a Miss Robinson and is thought to have been written between 1920 ...

Brereton Road, Rugeley

A view looking south-east along the A51 just past the railway arches in Rugeley, which is part of Brereton Parish. On the right, a little past Wharf Road, is an area which was know as 'The City' and beyond ...

Brereton, near Rugeley

This colour-tinted postcard shows a view of Main Road, Brereton probably taken from the front of the church grounds. The old Castle Pub is on the left with barrels on the pavement edge. This was demolished ...

Brewhouse, Trentham Hall

This view of the former Brewhouse (later converted into private homes) was taken from the entrance to the courtyard. Originally the brewhouse also contained the bakehouse and laundry. Most country ...

Brewhouse, Trentham Hall,

View taken from the entrance to the coach yard. The brewhouse is on the left, with the poultry house to the right. The brewhouse also contained the bakehouse and laundry. Most country houses had a ...

Bridge Street from Bailey Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from the roof of what was in the early 1970's Stafford Reprographics Ltd. Printers, in Bailey Street.

Brittain's Paper Mills, Caldon Canal, Cheddleton

A paper mill has stood on this site at Cheddleton since 1797, when the paper was made by hand. It was built by the pottery manufacturer William Adams to produce tissue paper for transfer printing in ...

Brittain's Paper Mills, Cheddleton

Brittain's Paper Mills with the Caldon Canal in the foreground. A paper mill has stood on this site at Cheddleton since 1797, when the paper was made by hand. It was built by the pottery manufacturer ...

Broughton Hall

Broughton Hall was built for Sir Thomas Broughton in the mid-sixteenth century, possibly on the site of an earlier building. During the eighteenth century the ornate timber work was covered in plaster, ...

Building the City Central Library, Bethesda Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken during the early stages of the building of the City Central Library and Archives in Bethesda Street. On the left is the chimney attached to the boiler house and on the right ...

Burslem Canal Arm

The end of the Burslem Arm of the Trent and Mersey Canal, with china stone on the wharf. This branch was opened in 1805 and became derelict in 1961. In the background are the bottle kilns of Wood's Trent ...

Burslem Canal Arm

A view taken near to the end of the Burslem arm of the Trent and Mersey Canal, with china stone on the wharf. This branch was opened in 1805 and became derelict in 1961. In the background are the bottle ...

Caldon Canal, Stockton Brook

Lock number 9 on the Caldon Canal at Stockton Brook. The bridge next to the pumping station chimney carries the Stanley Road over the canal. The lock side building remains today (2016) as a private residence....

Canal scene, Froghall, Kingsley

Photograph taken on the Caldon Canal near Thomas Bolton & Sons Ltd. copper works. There is a working narrow boat moored up on the left. Thomas Bolton & Sons set up a copper works at nearby Oakamoor ...

Caroline Street, Longton

This is a view north east along Caroline Street. At the top end lies the junction with Upper Cross Street and Anchor Passage with The Miners' Rest public house (a Parker's Ales inn) just visible on the ...

Castlefield Street, Shelton

Looking along Castlefield Street, off Shelton New Road, in Cliffe Vale. Castlefield Street was formerly called Edward Street. The photograph was taken about halfway down, just beyond Lomas Street. ...

Cedar Tree Hotel, Brereton

The Cedar Tree Hotel in Brereton has long been a local landmark with its distinctive Cedar of Lebanon tree. The Grade II listed Regency style building dates from the early 19th century. Originally a ...