Theme Explorer

Start Again > Agriculture & Countryside > Farming > Agricultural Equipment
Page 3 of 12 207 Records Found

Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

F.H. Burgess's first shop in Eccleshall, which opened in 1900 on Stafford Street. Mr G. Burgess and Dolly Neville are standing in the doorway. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

Burgess's Eccleshall branch, built 1968-1969, Stafford Street. It was demolished in 2006 and replaced by the Co-op Supermarket. Burgess's were dealers in agricultural and garden equipment and machinery. Frederick ...

Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

A name plate from an agricultural implement or machine supplied by Burgess Agricultural Engineers Ltd. from their showroom in Eccleshall. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Calton Moor House

Thatched hay ricks and a horse-drawn farm wagon at Calton Moor House. The owner, John Phillips, is standing to the right, with two young farm hands to the left. Calton Moor House stands at the crossroads ...

Chaff Cutter, made by E.H. Bentall & Co.

Chaff cutters were used to chop up hay to add to other feed for horses or cattle. This machine was made by E.H. Bentall & Co. Ltd. of Maldon in Essex and was sold by Oakey & Wooding of Stafford to Mr ...

Chain harrowing at Bradmore, Penn

A pair of horses chain harrowing pasture at Bradmore, Penn, off Trysull Road. Photographer: Albert Henry Yelland.

Charnes Old Hall, Wetwood

Wheat ricks built by Tom Oldbury at Charnes Old Hall Farm. In the absence of barns, the ricks were well thatched to keep the grain dry. From left to right: Tom Oldbury, Joyce Smith (Women's Land Army ...

Charnes Old Hall, Wetwood

Photograph taken during the Second World War at Charnes Old Hall Farm, near Wetwood. From left to right, Mr Edward Barlow Timmis (farmer, known as Ned), Joyce Smith (a Women's Land Army girl from Eccleshall), ...

Claeys Combine harvester

A Claeys M103 combine harvester, manufactured by the Claeys company of Zedelgem, Belgium. Introduced in 1952, It was the first European-built self-propelled combine harvester. From 1959 Claeys were imported ...

Clayton Tractor and Handley-Page Bomber

A Dorman-engined Clayton tractor towing a Handley-Page Type O bomber during the First World War. Founded by William Henry Dorman in 1870 on Foregate Street, Dorman's began by manufacturing cutting ...

Collecting mown grass, Ashley

Collecting mown grass with an International Green Crop loader. A tractor is pulling a wheeled trailer and the loader. This photograph was taken at Mr J.S. Morrey's farm at The Fields, near Ashley. Photographer: ...

Combining at The Clive, Pattingham

Norman Williamson and Bert Gittins can be seen on a "Massey Harris" combine.

Corn cutting, Mootlow, Alstonefield

Corn cutting near Mootlow Farm, which was farmeed by the Gould family. The reaper-mower is beeing pulled by a two horse team.

Cowshed , Rodbaston Farm Institute, Penkridge

Rodbaston College's origins lie in 1919 when the War Agricultural Committee opened an agricultural training depot. In 1921 it became Rodbaston Farm Institute, which was run by the County Council. It was ...

Cowshed, Rue Barn, near Eccleshall

A row of nine British Friesian cows standing in a cow shed. Manufacturer's sign for Gascoigne milking machinery on beam above the cows' heads. Photographed for Mr J.H. Leach of No.4 Rue Barn, Cash Lane, ...

Cowshed, unknown location

Three Jersey cows in a milking parlour, location unknown. Photographer: Gerald McCann, High Street, Uttoxeter.

Croplifter at work, Bramshall

A Salopian Croplifter loading a lorry at The Elms farm, Bramshall, near Uttoxeter. This photograph was taken on behalf of Mr Hawkins of the Milk Marketing Board's Grass Drying Station at Leigh, Lancashire. Photographer: ...

Cultivating potatoes, Alrewas Hayes, Fradley

A Farmall tractor at work cultivating potatoes in a field at Mr R.W.N. Dawe's farm at Alrewas Hayes, near Fradley. Photographer: Gerald McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter.