Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > Educational Buildings & Grounds

Refine By Selecting a Sub Theme

Colleges(113)Schools(1011)Universities(14)
Page 3 of 69 1237 Records Found

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary (later Junior High) School was on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school amalgamated with blessed William Southerne to become St Margaret Ward. The buildings ...

Armitage School

A view of Armitage School at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Lane. It became the home of Armitage Youth Centre around 1975. The hall is also used by other community groups. The school was replaced ...

Armitage School: sepia drawing

'The School at Armitage, Staffordshire,' showing a long low building of 'Elizabethan' Gothic [1839] and a wall with a gateway.'J. Buckler.'

Armitage Youth Centre

Originally built as Armitage School, at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Road in the mid 19th century, it has been the home of Armitage Youth Centre since about 1975. The hall is also used by ...

Army Cadet Force, Stone

Army Cadet Force members pictured on the sports field at Alleyne's Grammar School, Oulton Road, Stone. Front right is Bugler C.R. Haynes. The Photographer is A.J. Guy of Stafford.

Art Class, Granville Secondary Modern School, Stone

Pupils in Mrs Paddock's Art Class. Seated at the front are Willie Guildford and Doreen Dunn, and John Morris is sitting in the aisle seat at the back.

Art Class, Sutherland Institute, Longton

The photograph shows William Morse and his Art class. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke of Sutherland. Today it houses Longton ...

Art Class, Sutherland Institute, Longton

Life drawing in Mr. Morse's art class. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke of Sutherland. Today it houses Longton Library.

Ashleigh House School for Young Ladies, Tutbury

The Principal was Miss Richmond. This photograph is from the collections of Tutbury Museum.

Assembly in a Normacot school

Possibly Normacot Infants School, Meir Road, Normacot. The school opened in 1853, with new buildings in 1876, and a new infants' school in 1895. All the new buildings were demolished in about 1954. ...

Aston-by-Stone school class

Standing in second row, far right, is Christine Wright (nee Benbow).

Aston-by-Stone school class

Standing 2nd row, first on left (with headband) is Christine Wright (nee Benbow).

Aston-by-Stone school class

Aston-by-Stone school group

Audley Grammar School: sepia drawing

'Grammar School at Audley, Staffordshire,' showing a small, one storey building. There are four windows on the side and one in the end overlooking the churchyard. The roof is tiled.'J. B.,' [John Buckler]....

Avon Players, George Bernard Shaw Festival, Stafford

Pictured is a scene from ‘The Man of Destiny’ produced by the Avon Players. The players left to right are: Donald Bradley, Frank Lloyd (who played Napoleon), Celia Leigh and Stanley Orrillard. Production ...

Ball Green County Secondary Modern School, Stoke-on-Trent

Ball Green Secondary Modern School on Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent. The camera is looking north, with Bemersley Road off to the right hand side. Although the school buildings have been demolished, ...

Ball Green Primary School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the final stages in the building of Ball Green Primary School, taken in May 1964 just four months before the school opened. Just off Whitfield Road, the school is next to Fir Tree ...