Theme Explorer

Page 3 of 55 989 Records Found

Bennetts, 122 North Road, Cobridge, Burslem

Bennetts public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It has two storeys and is three rooms wide by three rooms deep.

Bent's Brewery advertisement

Advertisement for Bent's Imperial Stone Stout. Made of card and designed to stand on a public house bar or table. It was formerly in either the Albion Inn or the Hop Pole Inn in Stafford. Bent's ...

Bent's Brewery advertisment

Advertisement for Bent's A.I. Winter Ale. Made of card and designed to stand on a public house bar or table. It was formerly in either the Albion Inn or the Hop Pole Inn in Stafford. Bent's Brewery ...

Bill ,The Cock Inn, Leek

Bill for refreshments for master, servants and horses at The Cock Inn, Leek, 1765. The Cock Inn, a popular coaching inn during the eighteenth century. Its most famous guest was John Naden, who spent ...

Bird in Hand Public House, Stafford,

The Bird in Hand public house on Victoria Square.

Bird Street, Lichfield

This postcard view is largely unrecognisable today. Looking from St John Street with Bird Street straight ahead over the junction with Bore Street (signed to Burton on Trent) on the right. As can be seen, ...

Bird's Eye View of Stafford from Tipping Street

View across Stafford towards the castle, from the top of the Tax Office on Tipping Street. In the centre can be seen the tower of St. Mary's Church; to the right of St. Mary's the Broad Eye windmill ...

Bishops Offley, Eccleshall

The Brown Jug public house is on the right. The licensee at the time of this photograph, in about 1914, was Mr J. Lee.

Black Horse Inn, Stone

The thatched and timber framed Black Horse Inn stood at the northern end of the Hoigh Street in Stone, and was demolished in 1954. It is pictured here shortly before demolition.

Black Swan yard, Uttoxeter

The Black Swan stands on Market Street, just off the Market Square in Uttoxeter. A group of men pictured in the yard at the rear of the pub. From left to right: Charles Bond (who was a horse breaker), ...

Blackwaters, Croxton, Eccleshall

The Vernon Yonge Arms at Blackwaters, Croxton. Today (in 2018) the building is now an Indian restaurant. The Vernon Yonge family lived at nearby Charnes Hall until the early 20th century. A postcard ...

Boat Inn, Stone,

The Boat Inn on Newcastle Road.

Bobo's, 14-16 Westport Road, Burslem

Bobo's Nightclub stands on Westport Road in Burslem. Westport Road was formerly named Liverpool Road between 1832 and 1878, and previously to that was known as Hill Street. This three storey building ...

Borough Hotel, Trinity Street, Hanley.

The hotel has undergone a facelift from the image taken in the 1930’s. The uppermost floor remains untouched, but the windows and doors on the ground & first floor have been radically altered. The ...

Borough Hotel, Trinity Street, Hanley.

The Borough hotel was one of two pubs in Trinity Street sharing the same name. This one was colloquially known as 'The Big Borough' because of its size. At this time it was owned by the local Parker's ...

Bowden Hotel, 26 Leek Road, Stoke

This three storey public house is currently named The Roebuck. It is located on Leek Road a short distance from Stoke-on-Trent train station.

Bowler Hat, 52-54 Moorland Road, Burslem

The Bowler Hat public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It has a rectangular plan, one room wide by two rooms deep. It has a plain tiled roof with no chimney. This photograph shows the front ...

Bradford Arms, Ivetsey Bank

A two-storey brick house built in the late 17th or early 18th century. The back wing was added in the late 18th century and the front altered at the same time. It has gothic glazing bars and a trellis ...