Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Garages & Petrol Stations
Page 3 of 10 167 Records Found

Clark's garage, Stafford,

Crypton testing unit at Charles Clark's garage on Foregate St. Charles Clark's main garage was on Gaol Square.

Clayton Lane from Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking southwards along Clayton Lane from close to the junmction with the A34 (Newcastle Road). On the left are bakery buildings, at the time of the photograph, Birkett & Roberts Trent Vale Bakery, producing ...

Construction of a petrol station, Uttoxeter

Construction of the Shell filling station at the western end of New Road and the A50 at Uttoxeter

Construction of a petrol station, Uttoxeter

Construction of the Shell filling station at the western end of New Road and the A50 at Uttoxeter. The man looking on is Bill Keeling, who had a timber and coalyard business based on the site now (2010) ...

Darlaston Café, near Stone

The Darlaston Cafe stood on the eastern side of the Stoke-on-Trent to Stone road (the A34) close to the Darlaston Inn. It was one of a number of road-side cafés and petrol stations on the stretch of ...

English Electric Co., Stafford

This photograph is of an area of the factory known as Queensville Yard. On the left is the Works Garage, complete with war-time camouflage paint. This was later demolished and replaced by a larger garage ...

Fidgeon's Garage, The Square, Fazeley, Lichfield

Display of eleven motor bikes, three side cars, one fully kitted out lady motor cyclist, and a Ford car. Fidgeon's Garage and buildings are shown here before the alterations of the 1930's to the corner ...

Finnikin's Garage, Ashbourne Road, Leek

Harry Finnikin's garage on Ashbourne Road.

Fire at Alfred Manton's Garage, Rugeley

Rugeley firemen tackle a raging fire at Alfred Manton's Garage in Sheep Fair, Rugeley. These old wooden buildings had served as a garage for Mr. Manton, and before him the Palfreyman family, for many ...

Fire at Alfred Manton's Garage, Rugeley

Rugeley firemen tackle a raging fire at Alfred Manton's Garage in Sheep Fair, Rugeley. These old wooden buildings had served as a garage for Mr. Manton, and before him the Palfreyman family, for many ...

Fordson tractors, A.J. Fryer, Uttoxeter

Ten Fordson tractors in field with a lorry belonging to A.J. Fryer at the rear loaded with another tractor. The lorry has headlamp dimmers for blackout requirements. This photograph taken as advertisement ...

Gaol Square Garage, Stafford,

This garage was owned by Charles Clarke. The garage later moved to Queensville. Alle the buildings except the Snow Hill Methodist Chapel and the old Abercrombie Inn at the extreme right have been ...

Gaol Square, Stafford

View of the square showing, on the right, the Singer Sewing Centre, the Mecca sweet shop and The Jap Co., household furnishers. The four-dial clock was presented by George Bruckshaw in 1916, to celebrate ...

Gaol Square, Stafford

Looking towards Chell Road, with the then newly built Sheriden centre to the left and Charles Clarke's garage on the right. The row of shops includes Fair Wear Shoe Repairs, Bowen's Jen Shoe Shop and ...

Garage, Newport Road, Stafford,

The Junction Service Station on Newport Road, with King Edward VI Grammar School in the background to the left. From about 1939 it belonged to Mr E.H. Bunn. He was an agent for British made motorcycles, ...

Garth Street, Hanley

Until the 1950s Garth Street was known as Bath Street. The building in the centre of the photograph was the Bath Street Works, originally occupied by Thomas Twyford (sanitary ware manufacturer) in the ...

Gorsty Lea Garage, Codsall

The garage, which stood on Wolverhampton Road, Codsall, close to Gorsty Hayes, has now been demolished and the site cleared for development.

Gould's Motor Garage, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Central Motor Garage at 73, Market Place, Newcastle-under-Lyme opened under the management of Alfred L. Gould by January 1908. They were specialists in Lanchester, Calthorpe and Belsize cars, and ...