Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Agriculture & Countryside
Page 3 of 7 110 Records Found

Coven Farm House

A timber-framed two-storey late 16th century house with a T-shaped plan. It has been considerably altered since the 1950s.

Crop of maize, Thorpe Hall, Thorpe Constantine

Field of maize with Mr R. Griffiths-Jones (agent to Mrs Inge) standing in the crop. Maize was grown as a fodder crop for cattle on the Thorpe Hall estate. Thorpe Hall was built by Richard Inge in 1651 ...

Deepmore Mill, Shareshill

Deepmore Mill stands on the Saredon Brook and was in existance in 1775. By 1829 it was owned by the Monckton family and was working as a corn and blade mill. The mill continued in use until about 1900 ...

Domestic servants and outdoor staff, Shugborough Hall

Formal photograph of domestic and outdoor staff pictured outside the kitchens at Shugborough Hall. The kitchen and laundry staff wear white dresses. On the left a blacksmith (believed to be William ...

E. J. Holdcroft and Sons, Blythe Bridge Mill, Blythe Bridge

Photograph donated by the Blythe Bridge and Forsbrook Local Historical Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Excavating the mill wheel, White Barn Farm, Shugborough

Members of Staffordshire Industrial Archaeology Society excavating the iron mill wheel which drove a water powered threshing machine at White Barn Farm on the Shugborough Estate. White Barn was built ...

F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

Staff at Burgess's Eccleshall showroom. From left to right: unknown (a sales representative for Case IH), Tim Wakelin, unknown (Case IH sales rep), unknown (Case IH sales rep), Ian Whiteman, Pat Trevor, ...

F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

A name plate from an agricultural implement made or supplied by Frederick H. Burgess, Stafford Street, Eccleshall. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural implement business in ...

F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Stafford

A name plate formerly attached to an agricultural machine or implement. It reads: "For best results / F.H. Burgess / Stafford, Eccleshall / Wolverhampton & Newcastle / officially recommends / White Rose ...

Farmers using a horse drawn harvester in the Bilbrook area

Two horses are pictured pulling a harvester or 'reaper' in a field in Bilbrook. One man is seated on the machine to steer it, whilst a man and boy walk alongside it.

Ford Green Farm Cottage, Ford Green Road, Spragg House Lane

This detached three storey farm house is built in red brick and was constructed before 1832. It has a pitched and tiled roof with two raised brick chimney stacks. The single sash windows have plain stone ...

Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., agricultural engineers, Stafford

A name plate from an agricultural implement made or supplied by Frederick H. Burgess Ltd, Stafford and branches. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural implement business in ...

Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., agricultural engineers, Stafford

A name plate from an agricultural implement supplied by Frederick H. Burgess Ltd, Stafford. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural implement business in Eccleshall in 1900. ...

Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., Eccleshall

Staff at Frederick H. Burgess Ltd's agricultural implement dealers, Stafford Street, Eccleshall. Left to right: Jean Rochelle and Jessie Pierson. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., Eccleshall

Staff at Frederick H. Burgess Ltd's agricultural implement dealers, Stafford Street, Eccleshall. Left to right: Joe Parker, Jack Prince, Josie Trevor, Mr Hartwell. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ...

Gamekeeper, Ingestre Hall,

Robert Courtney was an under-gamekeeper at Ingestre Hall until 1921, when he moved to Shugborough as gamekeeper. He retired in 1953.

Gamekeeper, Oakedge Park,

This is believed to be Ernest Smith, Gamekeeper at Oakedge, on the northern edge of Cannock Chase, in the late 19th century.

German Gypsies at Leek Horse Fair, Smithfield Market, Leek

The annual Leek horse and hiring fair used to take place in October every year, and usually just attracted locals from the Moorlands and North Staffordshire area. The German Gypsies attracted a lot of ...